Croom mines

Started by Thunderdually, September 14, 2014, 05:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kountry23

Well whats the game plan?
2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

Thunderdually

Looks like it will be Sunday for us.. Roland says Sunday.. Kountry can you make it Sunday?
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

kountry23

2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

1Scorpion

Quote from: Thunderdually on September 25, 2014, 10:22:33 AM
Looks like it will be Sunday for us.. Roland says Sunday.
You can ride both days. I'll let you. I just can't get there till late morning on Saturday.
 I'm sure I'm going to need a guide to get in and out of the mines.
 Also the parts I've order are on a slow boat from China.  :(
So lets make it Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! 
I still have the same silver GMC and a Green Yamaha Grizzly. I'll be at the gate at 0800. then headed to the back near the pavilion.

kountry23

Ill be at the gate a 0800 also
2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

patches206

Have fun, maybe next time. :S
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

whofarted

I'll be there at 8.  All I need is cash and a title correct?

whofarted

Oh yeah, I'll be driving an Blue/silver F150 with a renegade in the back

1Scorpion

Quote from: whofarted on September 26, 2014, 07:20:57 PM
I'll be there at 8.  All I need is cash and a title correct?
Title -yes    cash I think they take credit I'm not sure. Make sure you pack some cold drinks and lunch. Also helmet required at Croom. I might go by tomorrow if I have time. I'll let you know about cash or not.   We should have a good time. I think with all the summer rain the mines have changed. Make sure we show the croom mud to avoid it turns to concrete when it dries.  And every time we are there Thunderdually shows me a place I've never seen.
Patches we will ride in the missing man formation for you. See you next ride.

Thunderdually

Quote from: whofarted on September 26, 2014, 07:20:57 PM
I'll be there at 8.  All I need is cash and a title correct?

You don't have to have the title with you. You will however have to show the green decal that you received when you bought your atv if it was bought in Florida.   If you show them a Vin number that is normally all you need.


Just a little extra information..

The application form will need to be completed and submitted with a fee of $38.85.  The fee is broken down to $29.00 for the title, $5, for a decal that will be placed on your OHV (see below for specific information) and a service fee of $4.25.  The application form and fee are submitted to your local county tax collector's or driver license office.  The State of Florida's OHV titling brochure will provide any other information you need and can be found at:http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/OHVGuide.pdf

Both ATVs and OHMs will be distributed a title decal which must be affixed to the vehicle.  For ATVs the decal will need to be placed on the left rear quadrant of the vehicle where it can be easily seen.  On OHMs the decal will need to be placed on the left fork leg where it is clearly visible from the left side of the bike.
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

Thunderdually

Your a riot Roland...   I would think by now you would know your way around...  I'm sure the mines have changed but it's a no problem...  LOL there is always a way into the mines... Caution it may involve a cliff or two.

BJ one of these days we will get you to ride with us again...


Trevor should be a good day for you, lots of mud..  I have the winch greased up good......  LOL
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

whofarted

So they give a sticker there?  Or they just submit the paperwork for me at croom

Thunderdually

Quote from: whofarted on September 27, 2014, 12:32:53 AM
So they give a sticker there?  Or they just submit the paperwork for me at croom

Croom doesn't have any thing to do with the title decal. They do issue a sticker but it's just a permit sticker to ride at croom. If you bought your ATV from a dealer they should have sent all the paper work to the state and they would have sent you the decal. To my knowledge Florida doesn't send a paper title unless you ask for it. They keep a electronic title.

If you bought it from a private party and it wasn't already titled in Florida you will have to title it and pay a one time sticker fee AS Mentioned above. If it was already titled in Florida it should have the sticker on it.
They have always asked to see my state sticker and Vin number before they would give me a Croom sticker
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

whofarted

Damn.  I bought it in NJ.  I did realize I needed that also.  So, I can just go to the drivers license center and they issue the title sticker or does it take forever in the mail?

Thunderdually

Quote from: whofarted on September 27, 2014, 12:55:39 AM
Damn.  I bought it in NJ.  I did realize I needed that also.  So, I can just go to the drivers license center and they issue the title sticker or does it take forever in the mail?

You should be able to go to the tax office (drivers license center)  and apply for a title. I'm not sure but i think they will issue the sticker there.  Next thing is to find a tax office that is open on Saturday.

Another option is you can get a day pass to ride for 15.00 dollars
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

patches206

Quote from: 1Scorpion on September 26, 2014, 10:43:19 PM
Quote from: whofarted on September 26, 2014, 07:20:57 PM
I'll be there at 8.  All I need is cash and a title correct?
Title -yes    cash I think they take credit I'm not sure. Make sure you pack some cold drinks and lunch. Also helmet required at Croom. I might go by tomorrow if I have time. I'll let you know about cash or not.   We should have a good time. I think with all the summer rain the mines have changed. Make sure we show the croom mud to avoid it turns to concrete when it dries.  And every time we are there Thunderdually shows me a place I've never seen.
Patches we will ride in the missing man formation for you. See you next ride.

Thanks buddy! :bow.gif
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

patches206

Quote from: whofarted on September 27, 2014, 12:55:39 AM
Damn.  I bought it in NJ.  I did realize I needed that also.  So, I can just go to the drivers license center and they issue the title sticker or does it take forever in the mail?

Your from NJ there goes the neighborhood.    What Exit?
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

whofarted

oh...  I'll do the day pass for now.  I bought the Can am in NJ when I lived in PA.  Where I rode you I didn't need to register it.  So, I never had to pay the sales tax.  I just read on the website to get the sticker I would have to pay the tax here.  Sucks.  Good then I'm definitely in for Sunday.

patches206

Quote from: whofarted on September 27, 2014, 01:15:16 AM
oh...  I'll do the day pass for now.  I bought the Can am in NJ when I lived in PA.  Where I rode you I didn't need to register it.  So, I never had to pay the sales tax.  I just read on the website to get the sticker I would have to pay the tax here.  Sucks.  Good then I'm definitely in for Sunday.

Have a blast those guys will take you all over that place. :drive.gif
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

1Scorpion

Quote from: whofarted on September 26, 2014, 07:20:57 PM
I'll be there at 8.  All I need is cash and a title correct?
They do take Visa and MasterCard.  I stopped by this afternoon and got my sticker .  It was a good excuse to get out of the house.

kountry23

Can't wait see every one in the am
2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

monkeyonashovel

I'm not going to make it. The kids have me busy. Hope you all have fun!

1Scorpion

Quote from: monkeyonashovel on September 28, 2014, 04:13:15 AM
I'm not going to make it. The kids have me busy. Hope you all have fun!
Kids are important . Enjoy your day with them. There will be more rides coming just keep checking in.
  I'm sure we'll be planning more soon.

kountry23

And the waiting at the gate begins
2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

1Scorpion

Great ride today !!!   Never a dull moment it seemed like the day went by to quick.   I'm ready for the next ride. Good job leading today Merle.  It was fun watching the boys play in the mud.