Hunter killed in Ocala

Started by stretchy, November 30, 2004, 06:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stretchy

Did I just hear right. I guess a couple of hunters died in Ocala.
 Apparently a father and his adult son were hunting and the father shot into the woods, of course it was his son. He tried to get help but he died of a heart attack!!! What the h
 [smiley=Angry.gif]

Muddbuggy

yeah I heard this also on the radio but I didnt know were though :'(   man I dont know what I would do with myself if I had done that.  I feel bad for the family :'(

MB
GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi


SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....

stretchy

I am also sad  :'( but am I the only person who would have had my azz beat if I had fired into the woods w/out a clear shot ???
This guy was an older man,obviously, but when I was a kid my uncle would have beat me senseless if I had done that.

Magnum330

I saw this on wjxt last night.

Thanksgiving Tragedy: Keystone Heights Father, Son Found Dead

KEYSTONE HEIGHTS, Fla. -- A father and son were found dead Thanksgiving morning in a wooded area near the family home in Keystone Heights after family members heard gunfire.

Clay County Sheriff's Office investigators said the bodies of 54-year-old Ronald McKenna Sr. and 33-year-old Ronald McKenna Jr. were found by deputies not far from a home on Brush Hill Lane about 8:30 a.m.

Marie McKenna said she called for her husband and son after hearing the shots. She then found them both dead. The medical examiner said the son died from an accidental gunshot wound and the father died of a heart attack.

Woman Grieves Husband, Son Who Died On Thanksgiving  
 
A close family friend told Channel 4's Jennifer Waugh that the father and son went to check a deer feeder behind the house. The father, who was carrying a rifle, started walking back toward the house when he saw activity near the feeder. Thinking it was a deer, he fired. When he discovered he'd killed his son, and suffered a fatal heart attack.

"This is too hard -- to lose my son, my only son, and my husband," said Marie McKenna.

She said she and McKenna had been sweethearts since they were 18. The couple raised four children together.

"We grew together. We were one," she said.

Clay County investigators said there are no known witnesses to the incident, but there was no history of violence at the home. Detectives said they believe there was no foul play in the two deaths, but they have not closed their investigation.

Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.

Shotgun


Hollywood

QuoteI am also sad  :'( but am I the only person who would have had my azz beat if I had fired into the woods w/out a clear shot ???
This guy was an older man,obviously, but when I was a kid my uncle would have beat me senseless if I had done that.

Yea that was my thoughts also. Very sad situation. I'd almost guarantee they didn't have any orange vests on either.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

jjamesbar

its very sad but the father did a stupid thing. what was he thinking.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

DUDE I WOULDNT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF I SHOT ONE OF MY KIDS, AND YOU WOULD THINK WHEN YOU SHOT AT SOMETHING YOU MAKE SHURE WHAT YOU ARE SHOOTING AT :-[
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Yamahonda41

I can't imagine the horror that poor man felt when seeing his son dead.  What a trajedy.
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

J.D.

#9
I wonder if it was daylight .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Chuck_Norris

I HAD TO GO HUG MY KIDS AFTER READING THIS POST.  [smiley=Cry.gif]

Shotgun

Theres no way he identified his target if he shot his son. Thats really stupid, i'm sure his son didn't look like a deer or whatever he was after. He prolly fired blind into some bushes like an idiot.

Asphaltdragon

I wonder if that Dude was drinking for him not to recognize a human being walking upright. ???
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

NYRAPTOR

if he had just checked the feeder with his son, and then walked back to the cabin by himself, think about this folks, wouldn't he think the noises by the feeder were his son because he was BY HIMSELF! spin around and just shoot at noise. brilliant.

o4250

Quote.. brilliant.


Brilliant!!  

Sorry had to do it ;D :-[

Magnum330

Speaking of orange. It is a good idea to wear some type of orange clothing while riding in the woods during hunting season. This past weekend we went to Rodman and was in the woods and a hunter was off the trail about 200yds wearing a orange vest it stuck out like a sore thumb.

With all the happy triger fingers out their just looking for something to shoot better safe than sorry.

Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.

Bush Hog

The man violated the first rule of hunting, always identify your target.  A few years ago, I was hunting in Green Swamp.  Around noon, there were a bunch of us hanging out at the check station shooting the bull.  People asked if anyone saw anything.  One idiot said he took a "sound" shot that morning. >:(

Bush Hog

Debbie and I stopped in ONF this evening on the way home from work to do a little hunting.  I tell you right now, I'm much more afraid of getting run over by a dog hunter than I am being shot by one.  Those people drive like idiots when the dogs jump.

This is how Debbie was dressed this evening while we were out there.  Orange shirt and orange vest.  You can never say you're sorry if you kill somebody.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com