ATV purchase advice

Started by Uf-engineer, May 09, 2014, 01:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uf-engineer

I'm looking to buy a 2014 grizzly 700 and the best price I've found is out of state.  Has anyone purchased an ATV from out of state.  Anything I should know?  Do you guys and gals register your ATV with the DMV?

What about taxes. 

when is the best time to buy? Best prices?

gmiller0737

I purchased My RZR in Brunswick Ga. They were easy to deal with & delivered it to My door,They did charge Me Florida sales tax & I regestered it @ The DMV Myself so I could get the "Green" Sticker,If you buy out of state & do not pay Florida Sales Tax The DMV will make you pay it if you register it.

proballer

I've been able to buy both of mine in state but was able to get the dealerships to match the GA and NC prices, I used ebay to find the cheapest and then would call and get an OTD price from them! Some aren't willing to do this but others are so just be sure and shop around. But like was said just be sure to keep sales tax in mind with a FL dealers because if you ever register it you'll have to pay it
08 Grizzly 700, 4" SLC Lift, Outlaw 29.5x12 on all 4's, Snorkels, Turners, PV5 with Autotune, HMF, Super ATV Power Steering Kit, Coops Clutching, Highlifter Radiator-Relocated, LOTS of other money costing mods!

xchief1320

#3
http://www.motorsportssuperstore.com/ is where I found the best price on a Can am when I was looking. I would of bought from them if the local dealer wouldn't of matched the price.

If nothing else you can get their OTD price and then see how it compares to what you've found so far. Like already mentioned you have to add in the sales tax to register it in Florida. If you're buying out of state and paying cash and don't care about riding it on public land then that will save you a few bucks..