Title for RZR

Started by ljpviper, April 09, 2014, 12:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljpviper

Maybe someone can point me in correct direction. I bought an 08 rzr from a dealer in east florida. I recieved a certificate of origon and bill of sale, etc.

I paid it off last year and got the lien release. I was under the assumption i could get a title for it, but the tag agency is telling me no. I called the owner of the dealer and he stated in 08 that was all that was given, they did not have titles.

Any help is appreaciated.

thanks,

Larry

Thunderdually

You could do a title search to see if there is an electronic title. Not sure about SXS but all ATV and motorcycles have to have a title if purchased after July 1, 2002.

Title search. enter vin number https://services.flhsmv.gov/MVCheckWeb/
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

ljpviper

No electronic title found, maybe SXS are classified differently. Thanks for the responce

patches206

Would be titled as an OHV if it was in the system in Florida.   All off road motorcycle. atv and side by sides are classified this way.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

AintSkeered

All you need is the bill of sale and certificate of origin which the dealer gave you to apply for a title. If tag agency tells you otherwise, go somewhere else or call the State on those lazy pukes.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

patches206

Quote from: AintSkeered on April 09, 2014, 08:15:25 PM
All you need is the bill of sale and certificate of origin which the dealer gave you to apply for a title. If tag agency tells you otherwise, go somewhere else or call the State on those lazy pukes.
rolback1 rolback1 rolback1
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

NotQuik

I bought my current ATV in GA where they only offer MSO's (Manufactures Statement of Origin) and no titles.  I'm not aware of florida doing this.  I had 2 2004 ATV's bought new in Florida and was issued OHV titles.

I called two different DMV's plus spoke with a buddy's wife whom works at one as I didn't want to go in and wait only to be missing something and have to do it over again.  In short, I had to bring the MSO (which acted as my title) as well as a notorised copy of the bill of sale to my DMV and of course pay taxes on what I paid for it.  It is now registered in Florida and I have a Florida OHV title in hand.  The MSO may be slightly different from your Certificate of Origin but it sounds similar. 

Keep us posted with the outcome...

gmiller0737

I took the Statement of Origin & the bill of sale on My RZR to the tax collectors office & registered it & got the Green Sticker No problems,Try another Tax Collector's Office.

mrbones

I hate the Florida DMV since my '09 debacle. Did you ever get it straightened out?
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com