Ocala 1/19/14

Started by 1Scorpion, January 08, 2014, 02:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patches206

Quote from: 1Scorpion on January 14, 2014, 01:45:14 PM
Sorry you can't make it kountry23.

Hey patches any word on the repair ?

Monkeyonashovel hope you can make.

So far it looks like a small ride.
1Scorpion
K_Man +1



No go until next week. >:(
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

1Scorpion

K_man don't worry about gas too much. If you start with a full tank you should be good for at least 50 miles plus. Most atvs seem to get around 20 miles per gal.  I'll carry an extra gal just in case. But we are seldom out of reach of the truck. Just bring something to drink and snacks . I'll try to get us back to the truck for lunch. Then you can decide if you want to ride more or not. Having extra gas at the truck is always a good idea. And remember it's gonna be chilly.
My wife will not be making this ride. But she's already bugging to go riding soon.

1Scorpion

 I think patches is afraid if the cold. ;)  J/K.   Post up when you are ready to ride. Seems everyone is broke down or working.

monkeyonashovel

I'm not going to be able to make it. Maybe next time.

patches206

Quote from: 1Scorpion on January 17, 2014, 11:12:42 PM
I think patches is afraid if the cold. ;)  J/K.   Post up when you are ready to ride. Seems everyone is broke down or working.

Nah I sweat like a pig at 60 degrees and up, under 60 I am dry.   
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

1Scorpion

 Great ride today ! It was about 28 degrees when we started and 55 and rain at the end. ;D It was real nice meeting K-man and his wife. We will have ride together again soon. Thanks for riding. I enjoyed the company.
  That Can-Am Commander performed great. And Kman threaded it down the trails like a pro.
  Not a lot of traffic today. They are widening Longleaf Trail north of Delancy West Campground. It was a bit rough. Keep this in mind when riding.


Roland

patches206

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

1Scorpion

Quote from: patches206 on January 19, 2014, 10:24:47 PM
Where are the pics? :dunno.gif
I didn't even bring a camera. :(  My photographer (aka Thunderdually) is M.I.A..  I don't even know how to post them anyways. Next time you'll be there so will be covered. ;) I think most people would have enjoyed the ride. We were so busy riding there was little time for pics. Sorry.  
Any idea when you Quad will be ready for action ?

patches206

Thunderdually you out there.  :M  It will be fixed next week but the next two or three weekends are booked. :'(
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

1Scorpion

Quote from: patches206 on January 19, 2014, 11:43:22 PM
  It will be fixed next week but the next two or three weekends are booked. :'(
When your sure just post up. Once a month to Ocala is my goal. I would like to go every weekend ,but it's too far for that.
If I had a rig like Thunderdually I would go for the weekend. I'm going to check an enclosed trailer today. And then I'll check out some tents. Tents are cheaper. I'm not fond of camping. The campground off of the Hog Valley trail looks good. They have power and showers. But I'll sure miss my bed.

patches206

Air mattress!   or 
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

little blue 300

Roland, how many miles did you end up with?

I'll try to make the next ride, but it has to be warmer than that.

Larry

K_Man

Roland,

My wife and I really enjoyed riding with you on Sunday. Thanks for playing trail guide for us.
We look forward to riding with you again. Hope your wife can make it next time.

K_Man
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR

Thunderdually

Quote from: patches206 on January 20, 2014, 08:13:42 PM
Air mattress!   or 


Lets see air mattress $20.00   OR $20.000 OR more LOL

Yeah TJ i'm still around. between being sick and a few other things i haven't been riding much. Hope to get out this weekend.
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

Thunderdually


[/quote] When your sure just post up. Once a month to Ocala is my goal. I would like to go every weekend ,but it's too far for that.
If I had a rig like Thunderdually I would go for the weekend. I'm going to check an enclosed trailer today. And then I'll check out some tents. Tents are cheaper. I'm not fond of camping. The campground off of the Hog Valley trail looks good. They have power and showers. But I'll sure miss my bed.
[/quote]


Hey Roland I'll sell you mine LOL.   So what did you get the air mattress or THE OR.. LOL  Hey if you get THE OR you will have your bed with you.
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

1Scorpion

Quote from: little blue 300 on January 20, 2014, 10:28:58 PM
Roland, how many miles did you end up with?

I'll try to make the next ride, but it has to be warmer than that.

Larry
Not as many as we wanted. it rained on the 30 mins. or so. We were going to refuel and head back out but we were wet. No need and getting cols too.
Quote from: K_Man on January 21, 2014, 02:23:32 AM
Roland,

My wife and I really enjoyed riding with you on Sunday. Thanks for playing trail guide for us.
We look forward to riding with you again. Hope your wife can make it next time.

K_Man
I'm glad you both enjoyed it. It was my pleasure to guide and thank your wife for catching that turn I missed. And yes we'll do it again.

1Scorpion

 As for a toy hauler. It looks like I'll be tenting it for a while.  I looked at a new enclosed utility trailer. They are out off my reach for now. I'll keep looking for a good used one.

patches206

We all have to do a camp weekend soon. :drink.gif :spit.gif :M
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

1Scorpion

Quote from: patches206 on January 22, 2014, 12:06:48 AM
We all have to do a camp weekend soon. :drink.gif :spit.gif :M
SOON alright as soon as it warms up.  But it's a great suggestion. How about the Lake Ockawahhha or how ever you spell campground. They got power for my electric blanket . ;)

patches206

Thats the beer talking! :J   Warm this hot out now. >:D
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

RubiconJim

Anybody riding Ocala NF Feb 7-8-9?   I'm going down Friday Feb 7 for the weekend  and camping at
Lake Delancy.
06 Rubicon. It ain't stock.
09 RZR.  Don't ride the Ruby much now.
Pics from Brimstone Tenn.
[url="http://photobucket.com/zingo/"]http://photobucket.com/zingo/[/url]

patches206

Working working working,  Feb 14-16 camping at Croom.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

1Scorpion

Quote from: RubiconJim on February 02, 2014, 04:01:24 PM
Anybody riding Ocala NF Feb 7-8-9?   I'm going down Friday Feb 7 for the weekend  and camping at
Lake Delancy.
Not sure yet would like but work may get in the way.