Ocala 1-4 -14

Started by 1Scorpion, January 03, 2014, 05:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Scorpion

 I know it's a last minute notice. But I'm headed to Ocala for a no sweat ride. It should be nice and cool. Any interest post up.
I use the 316 trailhead. Start time is flexible but I like to start early.

little blue 300

If I would have had more notice, I would have went. Four of us rode 5A today and it was really cold. Larry

1Scorpion

 I know I'm bad.  I'm thinking of starting a monthly ride there so people can plan ahead.  My job makes that tough but I'll try.

1Scorpion

 Only rode 65 miles today. It started off cold ,then I got cold and never warmed till I was back in the truck.  There were a few riders out. The trails were decent no dust. Just a few puddles.

little blue 300

65 miles !!!  That's not even worth taking mine off of the trailer !  LOL  ;D

Just kidding Roland ! That's a good ride ! I'm still cold from Friday's ride at 5A.

One of these days we'll ride together again.

Larry

1Scorpion

Quote from: little blue 300 on January 04, 2014, 05:29:11 PM
65 miles !!!  That's not even worth taking mine off of the trailer !  LOL  ;D


:R  I'm working on getting in shape to ride with you one of these days. After today I figured out I ain't ready yet. But I'm working on it. ;) 
Was it wet at 5A ?

little blue 300

5A is dry now on all of the main trails, but if you want mud and water, you can always find them. Larry

little blue 300

Quote from: 1Scorpion on January 04, 2014, 05:13:39 PM
Only rode 65 miles today. It started off cold ,then I got cold and never warmed till I was back in the truck.  There were a few riders out. The trails were decent no dust. Just a few puddles.

Roland, my wife is out of town so I went to ONF by myself on Friday. I got a new record for you to shoot for; 145.2 miles. I had to go back to the car to refuel twice.

I never met anybody until 2:30 PM. Had the whole place to myself and just hauled butt all day long. Only saw one deer and was surprised that I never saw even one bear.

Get in shape and we'll do 100 miles next time we ride together.

Larry

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com