Lake Ocklawaha RV Park

Started by zephyr, August 05, 2013, 02:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephyr

Spent the weekend at Lake Ocklawaha RV Park riding the north end They now allow tent camping, with direct trail access thru the red trails. Friendly staff quiet. No problems ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800

jaxbchjohn

I have driven by there, and it looks deserted.  I always wondered why they don't cater more atv'ers.  Do they have a pool??I have never ridden in the ONF, but planning on buying a 800 rzr soon and can't wait to give those trails a try. I have a Honda Foreman at the moment, but have heard that the rangers will hand out tickets if you ride double on a 4 wheeler.  So how far did you go from the RV park??
Started with nothin......
Still have most of it
2013 800 RZR EPS
Lots of Add-ons

gmiller0737

Haven't tried the RV Park but We Ride the Northern Trails a fair amount We normaly Park @ The Rodman Trail Head & Most often We will Ride the Longleaf (Yellow) Trail to the Salt Springs Connector about a 20 mile ride & Park in the Corall & walk across to the Salt Springs Plaza & have Lunch @ Sqare Meal (Pretty good food) Ride a RZR 570 most of the time,We usualy see some wildlife while We are riding saw several Deer last Trip & Bear Tracks But no Bear.

jaxbchjohn

Sounds like my kinda place.  I have a small (16') toyhauler, and am looking to buy a 800 rzr.  The wife likes to ride, and we have a Honda foreman 4 wheeler now I use mostly for hunting, which is ok, but not the most comfortable ride for 2 people. I will know soon if I am going to get the rzr.  It will be quite a step up for me, never bought a new ride.  Can't wait to get it dirty.  I think the Ocklawaha campground would be the perfect base camp for exploring the north end.   Have you guys ever camped at the delancy lake campground?? 
Started with nothin......
Still have most of it
2013 800 RZR EPS
Lots of Add-ons

pault

My wife and I went there weekend before last and had a nice ride. We spent the whole weekend and rode about 80 miles. We made the trip to the 88 store, went to Lake Delancy and rode all the red and brown trails. They do have a pool and they are real strict on riding ATV's only from your camp site to the trail. Word of caution, look out for bears on the red trails. We ran into one, and it starting coming towards us while we were turning around. This happened about 1/4 mile from the park. You will enjoy yourself. Wish they had a few more places like that.

zephyr

Yes they have a pool and the trails are right across the street. rode all the trails. I recommend them
2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800

jaxbchjohn

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like a great place to ride.  I am looking forward to hitting the sand/mud/trail.
Started with nothin......
Still have most of it
2013 800 RZR EPS
Lots of Add-ons

jaxbchjohn

The RV Parks web site doesn't even mention atv'ing or camping, just all about selling an rv lot.  I guess you have to (uggggg) call them to make a reservation.
Started with nothin......
Still have most of it
2013 800 RZR EPS
Lots of Add-ons

pault

If it's a non holiday weekend, you shouldn't need reservations. i have never seen more than 10 campers every time we have been there.

sugarsand007

They have 400 campsites. No reservation is usually needed. They don't seem to care about making money hence there 1950's website that could use a little updating. Really beautiful campground and facilities. The staff is also very helpful.
2006 crf450r and 2006 polaris outlaw 500

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

jaxbchjohn

Started with nothin......
Still have most of it
2013 800 RZR EPS
Lots of Add-ons

jaxbchjohn

How much do they charge for a site with full hook ups??  Does anyone know???
Started with nothin......
Still have most of it
2013 800 RZR EPS
Lots of Add-ons

Thunderdually

Quote from: jaxbchjohn on August 11, 2013, 08:03:30 PM
How much do they charge for a site with full hook ups??  Does anyone know???

Full hook up for RV is $27.50  plus tax per night.  Tent camping is $20.10 plus tax for two people more then 2 people over 12 is an extra charge and I believe it's $5.00 per person. Tent camps do have 30 amp hook up. They do have trail access.  more info phone 352-546-2151
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

patches206

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

Thunderdually

Quote from: patches206 on August 12, 2013, 07:58:16 PM
So Merle when we going?

As soon as we get some cooler weather.... It's just to hot right now LOL
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

1Scorpion

 Now I've got to get a bigger tent.  With A/C. ;D

TRXASAURUS

awesome place to stay!  the pool and facilities are great! 

unfortunately i dont care for the trails much.  plus with 2-way trails and sandrails it can be scarry in the corners.

good for just cruising...not sport atv....imho
check out Tampa Bay's Newsest Dirt Site...
www.tampabayridindirty.com


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com