2013 Centennial Trail - Ocala National Forest

Started by kdclere, January 07, 2013, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarsand007

#25
It such a shame that the  powers to be dont see the need for one way trails. Atleast clear out the blind turns. I stop riding the northern end due to the dangers. I only ride wandering grass loop where most riders try to ride one direction.
2006 crf450r and 2006 polaris outlaw 500

1Scorpion

 I'm hoping the powers to be are still checking this thread once and a while.  I for one am NOT going to stop riding cause a few idiots think they are alone out there.  However with limited funding and staff.  And I don't know how many volunteers. There is only so much that can be done. We all need to do our part to make it a better and safer trail system. 
It's a 2hr drive one way for us to ride there.  And now I'm going to bring some tools and try to help clear a line of sight on a curve or two when I go.  It's not much but every little bit helps.
There used to be a group called the Ocala Forest Volunteers  are they still around ? 
 
I think a train horn would be great but a little over kill !

zephyr

2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800

sugarsand007

I signed up to volunteer and never got a request to do anything. But did get a call a year later that they wont be renewing my volunteer status because i didnt do any volunteering. lol
2006 crf450r and 2006 polaris outlaw 500

monkeyonashovel

I'm thinking about riding Wiregrass trail on Monday. Anybody else interested in going?

dalem352

Quote from: sugarsand007 on June 14, 2013, 01:31:42 PM
I signed up to volunteer and never got a request to do anything. But did get a call a year later that they wont be renewing my volunteer status because i didnt do any volunteering. lol
doing something for the trail is not bad idea I do about an hour of time every time I ride mostly clearing on blind cruves it has become part of my ride
Just ride

dalem352

I will b going to Ocala north this Friday the 21st any one riding any one want to ride
Just ride

1Scorpion

Quote from: dalem352 on June 17, 2013, 09:29:44 PM
I will b going to Ocala north this Friday the 21st any one riding any one want to ride
I sometimes get a week day off but it doesn't fall on the 21st this time.
Thank you for doing your part.  I will try to do the same. 
It will still be a couple of weeks before my arm is 100% .  I'm still working but it ain't easy. 

dalem352

Quote from: 1Scorpion on June 17, 2013, 10:28:49 PM
Quote from: dalem352 on June 17, 2013, 09:29:44 PM
I will b going to Ocala north this Friday the 21st any one riding any one want to ride
I sometimes get a week day off but it doesn't fall on the 21st this time.
Thank you for doing your part.  I will try to do the same. 
It will still be a couple of weeks before my arm is 100% .  I'm still working but it ain't easy. 
sorry to hear of your accident  I been hit 2 times 1 quad an 1 two wheel the two wheel tore up my front and rear finder my quad was only 2 months old well hope u get better soon
Just ride

motoxracer49

Can a polaris trailboss 330 get around easily at ocala? I've wanted to take a trip there but wasn't sure if it gets too deep out there this time of year.
Polaris Trailboss 330

dalem352

#35
U would b fine out their i have arctic cat 300  an have no problems i am at centennial rite now with my side x side i will n out at ocala north friday with my cat and my sxs your wellcom to ride it u like
Just ride

motoxracer49

thanks for the info dalem i appreciate it. ocala is a bit far from me so i would need to plan out that trip out but i will let u know. i want to come up soon.
Polaris Trailboss 330

dalem352

That would b cool any time for me i only live 20 miles from centennail trail
Just ride

motoxracer49

Thanks man i will let u know. Are you allowed to have two people on one bike riding thru the trails? (me and one person on the back of my trailboss)
Polaris Trailboss 330

dalem352

No double ride in any national forest trails in Florida where u have to come from
Just ride

motoxracer49

That's what i figured. Coming from parkland
Polaris Trailboss 330

dalem352

Welll i blow up side x side friday and i could not help my self today i got a 2013 polaris sportsman 500 ho nice
Just ride

kdclere

Hey everyone!
I just returned from 3 weeks of military training and I am glad to see the traffic on this thread (other than the accident, very sorry to hear).  I am working on cleaning up Blue Sink...again.  Dropping some trees and rebuilding the corral walls.  I'm gonna try and get out again this week to check the trail for trees downed in the recent rain storms.  I may be able to continue to clear line of sight around turns throughout the summer, it is a long and daunting task, but the result is great!  When Fall comes around, we will have volunteers assign for this task specifically to continue from the Scrub Jay loop north.  Brian at Big scrub is assigned as security only, although he is very helpful and I encourage any rider to meet him.  He is up in a white trailer in the Northwest corner of the campground.  I'll do my best to keep the trails safe and fun during the Summer until my volunteer helpers return! 
-Kris

dalem352

Well Kris I will still b riding each week I been doing about an hour on the blind turns a week  I will b out their wed. Jun. 25th  I bought a new quad so now my gf will b riding with me I met brain few weeks ago he was headed out to blue sink.
Just ride

dalem352

Road centennial today was nice hot ride cleared another blind cruve  and move to trees off the trail it is all clear i road the blue jay an the big loop
Just ride

1Scorpion

 Looks good !  Thank You !  One less corner to worry about. I hope to get up there after the 4th of July.  I've got some time off. 

dalem352

Thats cool mabe we hook up for a ride i only ride on week days
Just ride

1Scorpion

Quote from: dalem352 on June 27, 2013, 11:31:42 PM
Thats cool mabe we hook up for a ride i only ride on week days
I send you a pm when I know I or we are headed your way.

dalem352

Quote from: 1Scorpion on June 29, 2013, 01:47:57 AM
Quote from: dalem352 on June 27, 2013, 11:31:42 PM
Thats cool mabe we hook up for a ride i only ride on week days
I send you a pm when I know I or we are headed your way.
ok any time always ready to ride we are going to croom Monday july 1st
Just ride

kdclere