somewhere to ride in south florida

Started by arctic15, September 27, 2012, 03:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arctic15

Does anyone know where to ride down in south florida that legal and not a mud park.

SMP63

There's got to be places down that way but those that have found them are keeping quiet about them. They know that once the word gets out the masses will show up & trash the place.
Once that happens it usually don't take long to get shut down, happens time after time!!!!!!!!!!!
All of this is due to lack of respect for other people & there property & the unwillingness to pick up after themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

cr500pro

SMP63 u r correct buddy........my best tool 2 finding new, riding areas ( what i call vergin grounds) is scaning with google maps,once i think an area is good 4 riding,ill go out there on my dualsport  & do a visual of that location.i put in on my gps & keep my mouth very shut!..between dade,broward ,palm beach counties i have id say about 30 differnt  good riding(safe) locations,but i cant tell any1,then the word of mouth starts & all goes down hill..this is funny & a bit cruel on 2 differnt times  ive spoted  riders on a trail,ive said to them,,( all scared)hey dudes im getting the heck out of here! the cops r busting atv's out here & arresting the riders,i just saw it dude!.( works like grease on a tight hole) hahaha.i dont want any1  contaminating the trails i ride hahaha.

Romeoyfz450

Very true let me know if there are any good places worth going most of the spots in Miami we get kicked out the first couple hrs

cr500pro

1 trick 2 not getting kicked out is park your truck n trailer as far as u can into the trails .cops normaly just drive by the road and look if they see parked trucks,they move in & vandals  also drive by see whats good to steal..also if u park in2 a trail try for it to be a trail without power poles runiing down the trail,many of those poles have security cams with real time video ither FPL or cops can see..

klutchbuster400

There's still a few places to ride
Miami Trail Riding

The trick is just not telling everyone and their mothers the exact location.

300 quadrunner

Tons if your smart. Not sure where your from but we launch from pines and 196 and from there we ride at hell hole, crystal lake, white rock, lost lake, 41st, 137th and 8th. And also the humps
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

klutchbuster400

People still ride out at lost lake? I used to ride out from my house since it's so near and I'd spend an entire day out there. My usual routes are all blocked off so I haven't even bothered in the past couple years.

cr500pro

i use 2 ride at a place called lost lake out in miramar over 10yrs ago,it was a deep big lake with really high hills on the side of it,folks even rode jetskis on the lake,it was awesome..is this the same lost lake ur talking about?

klutchbuster400

Yeah that's the place. Used to ride out there every weekend growing up since it was so close to the house.

cr500pro

i remember driving an old dodge van & trailer  :o ;)full of dirtbikes from like 1991 to 2000, to lost lake,miramar parkway would lead us right riding area.that place rocked!!..i noticed the lake is still there on goggle maps and i asked a buddy thats up in miramar & said folks still ride there.is that true???

klutchbuster400

Every now and then I see bikes down there when I drive by over 75. I'm curious as to how the heck they get in there, my usual routes have all been altered over the years. I used to drive right out from my garage to lost lake, now I have no clue. I wouldn't mind getting in there for a nice ride during the week while everyone is at work so I don't bother anyone.

300 quadrunner

There is one spot to get back there through the rock quarry that is open. We normally stop there passing by to head south to the other spots but we used to have some awesome parties out there. I threw my 21st out there
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

cr500pro

does lost lake still have the big piles of dirt all around it sides? and it had a peace of  abandoned highway overpass,that u could ride and it would lead u to a dirt road.is that all there?.becuse on goggle maps it doesnt show it?..i bet u had a freaking blast celebrating ur 21st b-day out there pal?..how far back/years did u all ride at lost lake?..im thinking of taking riding my dualsport out there this weekend 2 see if any1 is riding, ask about the cops harrasing riders & to explore. >:D

klutchbuster400

I used to ride out there every weekend between 04-05 on my old warrior. I'd love to go back if I could get in there without having to trailer the bike. Just leave from the garage like I used to. I went by my old route when I rebuilt my Z440 a couple months ago and all normal route was blocked off by new canal systems.

300 quadrunner

Only one way in honestly unless uncome frm flamingo rd but the back way is thru the rock quarry
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

klutchbuster400

I might have to tag a long with ya one of these days if you don't mind. I miss those trails, that's where I learned how to ride a quad.

300 quadrunner

Yea man for sure once i get my bike put back together, stripped the ring gear and rear axle at mudfest
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

KFXLes

Klutchbuster400 I heard some ppl got their bikes stolen at gunpoint where you took that video.

klutchbuster400

That's by the stadium KFX, this isn't the same place. And even then we ride strapped so they can sure as heck try :p

300 quadrunner

I was gunna say would be dumb to try and steal my crews bikes at gunpoint. We all loaded for that very reason, 41st is sketchy at night
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

300 quadrunner

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on April 23, 2013, 01:02:06 PM
That's by the stadium KFX, this isn't the same place. And even then we ride strapped so they can sure as heck try :p

Drove by lost lake, its done!! They cleared the whole area, u can see the lake and yhe levee frm the turnpike
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com