group ride 04-07-13

Started by trailrider77, March 25, 2013, 05:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrider77

Hey guys how about getting a group ride set up for 4-7-13 at Ocala National Forrest ive been wanting to ride there and thought it might be fun to get a good group to go out there.
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

1Scorpion

 I'm interested. What time and where ?  I also live in Spring Hill.  I'm most likely gonna be on a little 250.   Unless I get lucky and find a good deal on something else before then.
  P.S.  I'm older than dirt but I don't putt putt around . I'll do the best I can with what I got .

trailrider77

Well I'm not old but I don't get crazy as far as time and where I'm hoping that someone who has goes that have been there before to guide us
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

monkeyonashovel

I'd like to go. Gotta see if I can get a baby sitter lined up.

kountry23

I'm gonna do my best to try to go since I'm not allowed to ride alone
2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

trailrider77

Cool it looks like we have some interest I will be there plus 2 hopefully by this weekend we can pic a time and meeting place
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

1Scorpion

Quote from: trailrider77 on March 26, 2013, 01:27:18 AM
Well I'm not old but I don't get crazy as far as time and where I'm hoping that someone who has goes that have been there before to guide us
I've been there a few times and I have maps and GPS.  I use the trailhead on 316.  Not far from the 88 store.  But any trailhead is fine.
I don't have a permit but there should still be some available at the trailheads.  If I start ATVing a lot I'll invest in a 1 year permit later.  I'm going to Croom tomorrow and get that permit 1st cause it's close to home.  I now have a rotating day off during the week.

Thunderdually

Quote from: 1Scorpion on March 26, 2013, 09:16:27 PM
Quote from: trailrider77 on March 26, 2013, 01:27:18 AM
Well I'm not old but I don't get crazy as far as time and where I'm hoping that someone who has goes that have been there before to guide us
I've been there a few times and I have maps and GPS. I use the trailhead on 316.  Not far from the 88 store.  But any trailhead is fine.
I don't have a permit but there should still be some available at the trailheads.  If I start ATVing a lot I'll invest in a 1 year permit later.  I'm going to Croom tomorrow and get that permit 1st cause it's close to home.  I now have a rotating day off during the week.

As a hobby i collect GPX files of ATV trails and when i get enough trails i make a Google earth map and GPS maps. If you have any GPX files you would like to share let me know. I also have a KML file of all Croom lettered trails i could send you if you want.
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

1Scorpion

 Thanks Thunderdually.  However all I have is a Magellan eXplorist 200 . It's a small handheld unit I had mounted on my Rancher 4X4 when I had it.  I cannot download  maps to it.  But it has gotten me out the the woods the short way several times.  And it's rugged and waterproof.
If I have time tomorrow I'll rig a mount on the little Ozark for it.  I'm taking the Ozark to Croom for a shake down ride in the morning.
I'm looking forward to meeting you and other ATVer's.

trailrider77

Ok so how about we meet at ONF at 10:00 am 4-7-13 and for those of ya'll that r coming from down south maybe we can meet at the racetrack gas station off of i75 and hwy 50 exit around 8:30?
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

SMP63

That sounds good Carlos!!  What Trail Head you plan on using?  I like the T.H. on 316, its the easiest to get to when coming in from the south if you plan on riding the north trails. I havent
been to that T.H. since they paved it.

Does everybody want to pack samiches or eat @ the little resturant in Salt Springs?

Yes 1Scorpion they have permits @ the T.H., I don't have the yearly pass either & you won't be the only "old timer" there!!!!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

trailrider77

Quote from: SMP63 on March 27, 2013, 02:52:04 PM
That sounds good Carlos!!  What Trail Head you plan on using?  I like the T.H. on 316, its the easiest to get to when coming in from the south if you plan on riding the north trails. I havent
been to that T.H. since they paved it.

Does everybody want to pack samiches or eat @ the little resturant in Salt Springs?

Yes 1Scorpion they have permits @ the T.H., I don't have the yearly pass either & you won't be the only "old timer" there!!!!
I guess your trail is the winner since it looks like you know where to go as far as food ill pack some snacks but we can eat wherever you want.
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

monkeyonashovel

Meeting up at the Racetrac sounds good to me. I usually pack burgers and a small grill, but I'm okay with going out, also.

trailrider77

Ok so i just wanted to put some info up as far as passes go you can purchase a 3 day pass for $10.00 at the trailhead you do not need to have the title of your ATV with you just put your money in the envalope and put it in the box then your good to go.
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

1Scorpion

 Looks like this ride is taking shape.  ;D  I'll go with crowd as far as where to eat.  I always pack drinks and snacks.  Any idea how far or long we are riding ?  I have no fuel guage on my ATV. Didn't know if I should carry an extra gallon of fuel.  Cause my reserve don't work. When it's out it's out.

trailrider77

I always carry xtra fuel but I also have plenty of tow rope lol
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

apksh0rty

any sports quads or just 4x4?

I'm actually heading out to ocala riding on easter with a few people. But wouldn't mind going again!

1Scorpion

Quote from: trailrider77 on March 27, 2013, 08:34:14 PM
I always carry xtra fuel but I also have plenty of tow rope lol
Let's hope we don't need the tow rope.  I won't bother with the gas then.  I'll leave some at the truck in case we go back to the trucks I'll top off.
I can't wait till the ride. I just changed the oil and checked everything out. 

SMP63

Your more than welcome to join us apkshorty!!  Not sure what everbody is riding.

1Scorpion I think its about 80 miles around the outside loop of the trails. No worries about carrying gas, I can carry 2-1 gal. cans & cooler that fit nicely in my polaris box & I can make it around without refueling.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

kountry23

Sounds like this is gonna be a fun ride I just have to follow someone up so I know where I'm going
2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

trailrider77

Well u can meet us off the i75 exit if u want
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

kountry23

2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

Mingy

You know I might just make it.  I saw two trailheads off 316; one is right next to 19, apparently near the Salt Springs Connector?  The other is the Pipeline trailhead a bit west.  Which one were you guys talking about?

BTW SMP63 I rode with you and a pretty good size group about a year ago at 5A; I have a green Grizz 450.  We followed that crazy man Derek around on his sport bike most of the day.
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

The Guz

aww i would go but ill be at hardrock MX in ocala that day :/
2008 Honda TRX450ER

RE PORTED HEAD
+3 BIG BORE KIT
+1 VALVES
HRC CAM
HRC HEADER
HMF EXHAUST
K&N INTAKE
NO AIR BOX LID
+3 LONESTAR AXECALIBER AXLE
ALBA +2 A ARMS
PEP ZPS LONGTRAVEL SHOCKS
GTT REAR SHOCK REVALVE
GTT LINKAGE
ALBA PRO NERF BARS
ROCK FRONT BUMPER
ITP BEADLOCK REAR WHEELS
MAXXIS RAZR II

SMP63

Quote from: Mingy on March 29, 2013, 10:14:38 PM
You know I might just make it.  I saw two trailheads off 316; one is right next to 19, apparently near the Salt Springs Connector?  The other is the Pipeline trailhead a bit west.  Which one were you guys talking about?

BTW SMP63 I rode with you and a pretty good size group about a year ago at 5A; I have a green Grizz 450.  We followed that crazy man Derek around on his sport bike most of the day.

Hows it been going James?  I had a blast that day @ 5A!!!!  We are talking about Pipeline T.H.. The one right next to 19 is the Salt Springs Connector Trail corral & is not a T.H..Hope you can make it James, the more the merrier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to