so where is everybody riding this weekend?

Started by trailrider77, March 22, 2013, 12:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrider77

Ya I just called my buddy and cancelled it looks like its gonna get nasty out there
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

SMP63

Yep sure does!!!!!!!  Let me know the next time you plan to go up there & ride, I'll try to go along!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

patches206

I will be down and out for a while.  One banged up body and 800 plus in damage to the quad.   Steve even if you where there this time you could not have saved me.  Merle I wish you would have been there then I would have video! :banghead.gif Took the sport quad out on Sat and went into the large mine pit with the steep hills at Croom.  There was one of the trails which goes up and out of the pit at the top its almost vertical for the last several feet.  Got about three feet from the top and the right front tire caught the edge of the cut in the wall.  Because I was at an almost vertical point the front end cam over and the quad back flipped.  :O I was thrown hit the ground then only to get the quad  handle bars which a friend said pan caked on my left lower back as it rolled and cartwheel down the hill and over me.  The friend wanted to get medics I told him no I was leaving under my own power.  A paramedic did look when I got back to my truck and suggested I go to the hospital I can not help it I am stubborn.   Today my neck, back and right leg a feeling like hell.  :Dead.gif :ouch.gif

Hope to ride soon think for now I will stick to the utility quad! :'(
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

SMP63

Other than being sore its good to hear your ok TJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sounds like it could have been worse.  The wheeler can be fixed alot easier than you.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

Thunderdually

Dang it TJ i always miss all the fun.. You always do the fun stuff when i'm not there...  Seriously though i'm glad you were able to walk away from it.. Take it easy and heal up so we can go riding. Just think of what it might have been if you didn't have on the chest protector.

Be glad it wasn't the 800 that landed on you...
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

kountry23

Dang sounded like a wild ride glad to hear your ok. Guess sat was not the day for riding I lost it on one of ours and took out a fence pole along with front plastics cv axel lower control arm and radiator
2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

Thunderdually

Quote from: kountry23 on March 24, 2013, 11:11:30 PM
Dang sounded like a wild ride glad to hear your ok. Guess sat was not the day for riding I lost it on one of ours and took out a fence pole along with front plastics cv axel lower control arm and radiator

Well the bike is messed up.. How are you? 
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

SMP63

Well thats it!!!!!!!!!!!! TJ & Treavor ya'll can no longer go riding without ADULT supervision!!!
LMFAO!!!!!!  Hope your ok tooo Treavor.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

Thunderdually

TJ and Trevor... If you don't want to ride with me just say so. You don't have to wreck your quads to get out of riding with me.... :'(
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

trailrider77

Damn guys glad I didn't ride seemed like a very expensive weekend but glad everyone walk away
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

kountry23

I'm come out ok was just a Lil sore this morning. I'm going back to rideing with a group I can't be trusted alone
2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

patches206

Quote from: SMP63 on March 24, 2013, 11:50:03 PM
Well thats it!!!!!!!!!!!! TJ & Treavor ya'll can no longer go riding without ADULT supervision!!!
LMFAO!!!!!!  Hope your ok tooo Treavor.

Steve that's prob what my wife is thinking she just keeps shaking her head.    My mom and dad came over to check on me and the first thing out of my moms mouth was your not 20 any more!   Mom knows best!  Well my dad just called me a dumb ass. 8)
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

SMP63

I thought for sure Lori would have been busting your chops TJ!!  I'm sure she'll start with the wise cracks soon. I hope you & Treavor had Ins. on the wheelers to help offset the cost of repairs.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

kountry23

Well just got a price on what I need and not as bad as I thought  gonna cost me 200 to fix it cause I'm gonna plastic weld the front body clip back in place for now
2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

zephyr

What is it with Croom here lately I rolled mine a couple weeks ago no damage to the quad and as usual I was alone and I dont want to hear all the comments on how on safe that is. The self recovery to flip the beast was fun
2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800

patches206

Quote from: zephyr on March 25, 2013, 04:16:06 PM
What is it with Croom here lately I rolled mine a couple weeks ago no damage to the quad and as usual I was alone and I dont want to hear all the comments on how on safe that is. The self recovery to flip the beast was fun

Took a close look today, Damaged steering stem, mounts handle bars and right side controls, if I upgrade to lone star and better bars and brackets 800 dollars, or I find used stuff on Ebay less than 250.

Oh by the way Zephyr my quads are trained to land on all fours and upright, just as it did on Sat. <nanaparty>
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

Thunderdually


Tj said "Oh by the way Zephyr my quads are trained to land on all fours and upright, just as it did on Sat."


Mine is trained to land on all fours too!!!  LOL   

"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

trailrider77

And this is why I like to play in the mud lol
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

1Scorpion

Quote from: Thunderdually on March 25, 2013, 08:47:44 PM

Tj said "Oh by the way Zephyr my quads are trained to land on all fours and upright, just as it did on Sat."


Mine is trained to land on all fours too!!!  LOL   


I heard Polaris had good brakes but, WOW!!!!  I just can't figure out how it ended up like that ? Cool pic though wish I could have seen that in person.

Thunderdually

I got to close a look at it LOL. I was following my son up the hill it was misting and the trail was slick so I had it in 4 wheel drive. My quad slid down to the right and the front wheel caught the side  and climbed up the side throwing me backwards. I landed flat on my back looked up and the quad was coming down on top of me. since I was on my back I just put my feet up against the seat and pushed. The quad flipped over me and came down on it's nose and landed in the position you see it in.
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

1Scorpion

 Lucky you.  It looks like it could have been much worse.

zephyr

2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800