Home-Made LED whip

Started by Ole Nasty, March 19, 2013, 02:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Nasty

So far all I got into it is $14 and a safety flag/whip that I already had.  I bought a 16ft reel of RGB LED from fleabay and coiled it around the flag pole.  It has 3m adhesive tape and is waterproof, but not the connections.  I want to put some in each fender and I still gotta get a switch and wire it all together.






Home made LED whip.

If I were to do it again I think I would buy a solid green one instead of a multicolor, seems like it would be even brighter.   But still not bad for what I got into it.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

AintSkeered

Be careful not to simultaneously-display multiple colors, it gets some folks skeered shirtless and they go running for their Rockwell orifice protectors!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group