$9.99, all 6 break pads on Ebay,is it worth it???????

Started by cr500pro, March 02, 2013, 05:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr500pro

has anybody in here ever bought or used those really cheap disk brake pads they sell on Ebay & amazon.com?..I saw all 6 semi-metallic pads for $9.99 free shipping on Ebay for my hon,trx400.depending on what u guys tell me about them, i might buy it, honda dealer wants $40.00 +shipping+tax=$49.99 just for the rear pads. :'( :o...what can you guys tell me about these pads are they worth it or not? do they last?...i do appriciate ur feed back guys.

klutchbuster400

Sounds like they're Chinese made, they'll probably last 3 rides or break.

cr500pro

possible yes made in china...i was just considering 1 the price & 2 a buddy bought them,he rides every weekend ,has had them  for 4months and says they r holding up well,,,

johndoe83

Those pads wear quick, I went through them in 3 months. "kinda riding alot, almost everyday"

I bought EBC severe duty brakes 4 years ago, havent rode as much at all, but I still wont be replacing these for awhile.

cr500pro

they way i look at it its $9.99 for all 6 pads,the only ones i have worn down is my rears,i only use that trx400 maybe 2 times a month,maybe 3,i mainly ride my xr650l..

Dirty Brutes

2 2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 750s. Tamarack boxs, 27s, HL 2" lift and snorkels.

cr500pro

will that website give me 6 semi metallic pads for $9.99 n free shipping?

Dirty Brutes

2 2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 750s. Tamarack boxs, 27s, HL 2" lift and snorkels.

klutchbuster400

Quote from: cr500pro on March 02, 2013, 08:46:09 PM
will that website give me 6 semi metallic pads for $9.99 n free shipping?
You can buy 3 Iphones from the flee market for about 50 bucks, see how well those work for you; if you understand what I'm getting at.

gmiller0737

Believe Me you don't want them I put them on My Yamaha Grizzly 450 and 90 miles later they were "Metal To Metal" Gone,Replaced them with OEM Yamaha Pads & They are still on there over 200 miles later Many of those miles @ Hatfield McCoy where brakes get used a lot!

cr500pro

what material ,are these cheap pads from china made of?..they fit,look & feel like the OEM pads..man does china make anything thats cheap,long lasting & non toxic? hahaha

klutchbuster400

I mistakenly bought a raptor PetCock that was labeled "GENUINE YAMAHA" but when it came in it was obviously a chinese made petcock and not an OEM yamaha part. I tried it on the bike and sure enough my bike was sputtering within the first 20 minutes due to lack of fuel being flowed to the carb.

I'd only buy OEM labeled parts if I'm not going aftermarket with a trusted brand.


You sound pretty intent on getting the chinese pads though. If they're any good then that's awesome, if not you're gonna hear a lot of "I told ya so!" :p

cr500pro

wow! thats a great heads up pal,,parts that say genuine oem & r made in china dammm, thats scary,imagine buying pistons,rings,valves that say (genuine oem parts) and its a cheap ass parts from china,what a costly disaster!!!...im just curious about trying those brakes for $9.99 and yes know ill hear it 4 ever from u guys..i freaking told u so hahahhaha!!!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com