New Park - Fat Daddy's?

Started by strubby, February 10, 2013, 08:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strubby

Hey guys, my friend in Jax brought this park to my attention and wants to check it out next weekend. It looks EXACTLY like 'The Sandbox' to me but they've added showers, wash stations, etc. Has anyone been here or know anything about it? Looks like fun in the RZR, sport quads AND utilities. In Waycross, GA which is also where the Sandbox was is I remember correctly. I think I might just have to check it out next weekend...

http://fatdaddysatvpark.com/?page_id=2
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

klutchbuster400

That's pretty far for us south Florida guys, wouldn't something legal a whole lot closer.

Thunderdually

Well we have an ATV park  in south Florida fighting to stay open.  They have been spending  a lot of time and money  for well over a year now to  reopen Dirty Foot Adventures.  DFA  went before the county commissioners again early this month.  What was hoped to be the last of many such meetings  over the last year ended in a tie vote.  So now they have paid more money in fees to  go through the Appeals process. 

It has been a long and hard road for DFA.  They need our support and all they are asking is for every one to send a letter to the commissioners telling them how you feel about DFA and why they should vote yes to reopen DFA.

I have posted about DFA many times  an gotten only a couple of responses at best.  It truly amazes me to see riders complain all the time  that there aren't any places to ride and use that as an excuse to ride  non legal land yet they won't take a few minutes to help out an  ATV park trying to stay open.

If we had riders spend as much energy  writing letters to help open DFA  or other parks that try to open as they do calling each other names and insulting each other we would have a ton of letters sent to the commissioners.

More info here on who to contact http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,46799.0.html
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

xchief1320

Fat daddy's is the same as Sandbox. New owners and new name. Way better then before. the guy that owns it actually cares about the place and wants to make it better. Well worth the ride to get there..

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

That does look like fun. Im up to get a group together and run up and check it out.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Crewsing

Went there last year and it is pretty cool place.  2 hour drive from my house(jax).  Some good size sand hills, mud pits,  cool creek to ride down, and bunch of trails.  If it did not take a full tank to go there and back i would go more often.  I am a bogger on a budget.  I will be back before to long with a big group of riders.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

strubby

Thanks guys, confirms what I thought. I definitely want to take the RZR there. Let me know if anyone wants to go.

Thunder thanks for posting the link. I've been following their struggle as close as possible and you're right, haven't done anything useful to help. I will certainly dig into it more and write a letter when I return home for a break from traveling.
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

TRIPPD

Fat daddy's is a very fun place to ride. I am in jax and that's where we ride most. It is a very family oriented. We usually camp for about 5 days during Thanksgiving holiday. We have an absolute blast.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com