WHO RIDES OR OWNS ,,A DUAL SPORT MOTORCYCLE IN HERE?

Started by cr500pro, January 20, 2013, 04:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr500pro

hey guys i was wondering how many rider in this forum, also ride ,use or own a DUALSPORT motorcycle?..i have an honda XR650L..what do u have?

zman03

Youve gotta pin it to win it!

cr500pro

the DRZ400 is a good conbination of power & light weight.its a great all a round dualsport.it will run 70/75mph easly all day , it tops out at about 90mph ,its also great offroad with knobby tires...if u like offrading, avoid the kawasaki klr650 & the suzuki dr 650.they r both super heavy ,especialy the kawa,klr650 with its 6gallon,gas tank...1 small bore dualsport that kicks ass right now is the,honda crf250l,its under $5grand,super light weight,,EFI motor,get 90MPG.& tops out at 92mph  fassttt for a 250cc.....most offroad rider dont realize,the benefits of riding a dualsport..(no truck,no trailer to be towed,vandalized, ticketed or parking issues)...if i could onoy  have 1 bike it be my honda xr650l 1000%.. ;D

r6realtor

I have a 2012 wr250r that I converted to x, my buddy just bought a 2013 crf250l nice little bike! definitely wont do 90mph he had it pinned on a straight away and 79mph is all it had, he is 145-150pounds, if I hadn't found the wr I actually had a crf250l on deposit, like said nice bike not as fast as the wr but a really fun bike!
This is what it looked like when I first got it

Now converted





Couple of pics of ours together, this is when I had my old turn signals, fender, and headlight on.

2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

yfz122

Depends on how/where you ride. I am always traveling and exploring on my KLR. The majority of  trips are on hard roads. This is when I appreciate the extra weight. I've ridden built 400's, and put many miles on an xr 650. The KLR doesn't feel much heavier to me. It definitely is heavier toward the front of the machine.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

cr500pro

awesome pics and bikes u guys..whats the top speed on that yamaha wr250 buddy?...i..if i was a teen  & wanted to ride id surely get a dualsport,i can ride allover town (legaly)& then hit the trials anytime i feel..instead of riding 30min on the street on there  atv 2 get to the trails..as ive seen done at the humps very offten..i think if the bikes maker would promote dualsport bikes and its benefits,it would knock a huge hole in the atv market...buy it n ride!,no trailer,truck,parking problems ,LE issues,storage & u can sue to commute anywere as well...and they r legaly allowed were many atv's r not!

Racnjasen

I have a XR650L. I am in Aventura and ready to ride!!
Racnjasen@yahoo.com

yfz122

Quote from: Racnjasen on February 09, 2013, 10:44:14 AM
I have a XR650L. I am in Aventura and ready to ride!!
Racnjasen@yahoo.com
Where is Aventura? Would love to ride with other ds riders
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

Racnjasen

Aventura is in the North Miami area.  I am wiling to travel within reason. Looking to ride on Sunday the 10th if your in the area. Feel free to email. Racnjasen@yahoo.com

cr500pro

what year of hon, xr650l u have buddy?,is it all stock?..if u all get together n hit the trails riding n exploring with a few dualsports u guys r gonna have a blast,,make sure u all know what trails ur gonna hit head of time,so ur not riding around looking 4 it..

r6realtor

#10
Quote from: cr500pro on February 09, 2013, 12:46:45 AM
awesome pics and bikes u guys..whats the top speed on that yamaha wr250 buddy?...i..if i was a teen  & wanted to ride id surely get a dualsport,i can ride allover town (legaly)& then hit the trials anytime i feel..instead of riding 30min on the street on there  atv 2 get to the trails..as ive seen done at the humps very offten..i think if the bikes maker would promote dualsport bikes and its benefits,it would knock a huge hole in the atv market...buy it n ride!,no trailer,truck,parking problems ,LE issues,storage & u can sue to commute anywere as well...and they r legaly allowed were many atv's r not!

I have never had it to top speed but it looks like everyone says it does about 94mph, I personally have only had it to 75mph for a short sprint on the highway, just to get to the next exit down, one other nice thing is it has over a drz is a 6th gear and does fairly decent for cruising.
This bike is an absolute blast to ride, if you go to a site called supermotojunkie you will see all the guys that have gone from sport bikes to supermoto bikes and say its the best thing they have ever done. There obviously not as fast but can keep up in the corners like no problem but its just more of a fun relaxed seating position and of course there super light and easy to flick around and control, like i said we have a blast on ours, plus 72 mpg aint to shabby either. and of course the benefit of being able to just shoot off into the trails.

Another cool thing from a manufacturer is honda is coming out with a new supermoto off the showroom floor it should be pretty sweet!


2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

cr500pro

awesome bike pal,the day honda makes an XR 700 or 750 >:DR,they will have my money on the table right away..

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com