Stolen guns, need advice.

Started by Bandit350, August 31, 2012, 12:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit350

I have had a couple guns stolen, and need to know what to do before I go ballistic..

Back in Jan my father tried to help an old employee that was having problems, so he was around a lot even while we were away, well I recently started looking for my old shotgun to take it to my house and found out my father left it and his rifle in the hunting truck (I'm pissed about that too) and now they are no where to be found.

I did some talking and found out who the guy sold the rifle to, but the sheriff said that if I know who has it they cannot do anything, that it's up to me to get it??

We ran the guy off about 6 months ago, and I cannot prove he stole anything, so am I screwed or what?

cobrap

You need to show proof of ownership.  Otherwise it's his word against yours.
If you have a bill of sale showing it belongs to you, then it's easy.
Florida doesnt require bill of sale for guns.  So if he and you both dont have a bill of sale,
then possession is 9/10t of the law.
07 Polaris Scrambler 500 w/ winch, 03 Trailblazer 400,
99 Yamaha Breeze 125
89 Jeep YJ - 33s", 4 1/2" Lift, 9.5 Winch
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor

cr500pro

the minuet ur gun is stolen u have 2 call the cops and make a report,its a serious thing if the guns r registered to you,,who ever stole them, uses them for any ilegal crap & he drops a gun or get busted,the serial # on the gun comes back 2u and u never made a police report ( thats trouble 4u)..also my reporting them, who knows maybe a few month or eyars later some dude gets busted with ur guns & u get them back...

gmiller0737

1st file a police Report if you haven't already hopefuly you know the serial numbers? If you are a NRA Member membership comes with I think $1000 gun theft insurance.

cr500pro

thanks gmiller..i have 2 look into that i belive ur right..im an NRA member and have a few guns,im gonna check that out..a $1000 back sure helps.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com