Shindler road in Jacksonville

Started by Crewsing, December 18, 2012, 01:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewsing

Has anyone been riding here?  A guy I know says they ride out there all the time and there is creeks, mud, and trails for miles.  He said they do alot of night rides and its pretty big. 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

mudbucket2

i would like to know more about shindler rd myself.. not far from home , other side of town for me ....

Crewsing

same here im in east arlington about 30 min from there.  Im going to go check it out soon.  I post a report when I do.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Crewsing

Heard you can park at the church and go across street and down that road(I think it hills road).  I google mapped it and it looks like a decent place.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

I live literally right around the block from there on the corner of Shindler and Argyle Forest.  I have been to the pit area on Taylor Field and its alright but I have not been too far down the trails at the end of Hipps Rd.  You have to cruise down the neighborhood streets to get from the two areas.  I parked at a friends house so I don't know how safe it is parking at the church.  And I'm not sure about being messed with by the law either.  We always ride at the corner of Brannan Field and Old Jennings.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

Might have to do some exploring tomm at the end of hipps.  The powerlines to the north look to hold some mud.  I see taylor road, it is to the south a mile or so.  I was thinking about tryin to park around hipps road where trails start so I dont have to ride down any paved roads. But i have never been to that area.  You know how it is, tryin to find a new riding place but dont want to get a ticket or have to worry about truck either.   Guess Ill coin flip on there and hastings in morning.  Ill let u know how it went.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

Have you been to that spot on Brannan Field?  Its good for some mud and water, not much trails though.  Also, look on google maps behind Home Depot on Argyle.  I haven't been back there in a while but there used to be alot of trails back there.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Ole Nasty

Well me and a bud cruised over here today to walk around and take a look.  It looks pretty good.  We only walked about half a mile but what we saw impressed us, looks pretty wet.  We're gonna go ride there tomorrow afternoon.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

Nice. Is there anywhere to park a truck and trailer?  I did not really want to park at church and ride down that road unless I have to.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

As far as I can tell, no.  I guess I'm gonna park at the church and hope for the best.  My friend has a house that backs up to those woods buts its off of Collins so we're gonna try and find or make a trail that leads right up to his house then we ALL will have good parking if we can make that happen, lol.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

That would be cool. What time you riding tomm?  We are thinking about giving it a try around 10am. 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

I won't be out there until after 1.  I got to go into work for something, which sucks because I'm on vacation right now.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

Ok maybe we will see u out there.  My name is Nick and Ill be on a black polaris  and a red polaris, might have a 900 xmr and a artic cat too.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

Crewsing did you ever make it out there?  The guy I was sposed to go with bailed due to hangover and I didn't want to go by myself.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

Yes we parked at church with no problems and rode for 3 hours.  My bikes injectors were acting up(I think) so we did not get too crazy.  Pretty cool place. There is a creek running thru the middle of that strip of land, I think it is the start of the ortega river.  We covered the north part of the land all the way to the powerlines.  I wish my bike was running right there were alot of areas that would have been fun to hit.  You need to check it out.  We will be back as soon as bikes are fixed.  Nice not even using a quarter of a tank to get there and back. 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

I'm going riding out here at around 2:30 today if anyone wants to go.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

Man if I didnt already wash my bikes I would be there.   Let us know how it went.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

pault

How to you get to this place. I live between Girvin Hickory Creek road. We pretty much ride at Hog Wallers, Mudmuckers, Fat Daddys and Hastings from time to time. Always looking for a new and different place.

Ole Nasty

It's over on the westside off of shindler dr between collins and 103rd.  Lotsa of trails and mud.  I only spent about an hour and a half out there and ran into 2 different groups of people.  It'll take me a while to figure out where I'm at.  I'll see if I can't put some vids up here in a bit.  I wanna go back out there this saturday.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

hero1

i am interested in going if anyone is looking for a riding partner.  i always hate exploring new places alone.  getting stuck or broken down by yourself sucks.
Polaris RZR 800

Crewsing

It is a little tricky there. I know there has to be more ways to get in there but I did not find any besides the one trail off hills road.  Good thing is I get phone service so my maps kind of help.  I want to get this one guy to meet me out there, he goes there alot and will show me the lay out of the place.  He usually meets a group out there on sat nights. 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

I'm trying to out there Saturday afternoon.  There is a way in on Collins rd immediately after you pass a little bridge right past the church on the right.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Ole Nasty

A group of us(8) went out today and had a good time.  We made it to the power lines but then it got dark and all the women passengers got cold and wanted to go, so we did, lol.  Good times, seems like I find something new every time I go out there, its worth checking out.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

Where did you park? Did you ever find a bridge to other side of creek?  I heard there is one made of trees and 2/4s.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

At the Church.  No never saw a bridge, but if you follow the creek to the powerlines there is a spot most non snorkeled bikes can cross the creek to ride on the side.  My bike can cross the creek at where the large clearing is ;D There is some good trail riding but on those trails is some fender deep water.  A solid axle, stock Honda 420 rode with us and made it every where though.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com