ANY 1 CAYY A GUN WHEN ATVING IN HERE?

Started by cr500pro, December 15, 2012, 12:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr500pro

I was riding my dualsport yesterday in some trails & came across a couple of atv's riders (in there 40's) and they all were riding with  pistols on there sides(exposed),i got to chating with them ( cool dudes i must say) they say they never ride without there side guns..i was wondering does any 1 in this forum ride with a fire arm,semi auto,revolver, rifle???..ive been carry a small kel-tec.380 auto with my permit for many years,but i always throw it  my backpack when riding.

gmiller0737

I do not open carry unless I am Hunting,But I always carry Concealed when riding most times it's just a Ruger LCP 380 in a Pocket Holster sometimes it's something a little larger in a IWB Holster.

cr500pro

hey (gmiller).do u feel uneasy or uncomfertable when u ride without ur pistol?..i sure do,especialy when others approach me in the woods,when i dont carry my pistol i feel somthing is gonna happen to me..ive also came across a few bass fishermen carrying a side pistol.

duroc825

I gotta ask,,,,,,, how does one "cayy" a gun?  Is it anything like "baying" a hog?  ???

cr500pro


Mingy

It is good that you carry. 

No one you are unacquainted with should know if you are carrying or not until you need it. 

People who know me well could tell you if I carry; those who do not could not. 

As far as where and when it is legal, check out "Florida Firearms: Law, Use, Ownership" by Jon Gutmacher.

Get the book.  Read it.  Again and again.  I do.  It is used in Police Academies.

Ideally, we would have sooooo damn many people with training and legal carry permits with reciprocity in all states, that the bad guys will ALWAYS have that uncertainty to figure into their equation wherever they were.

JMH
NRA Instructor
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

cr500pro

thank u 4 the info (mingy) im gonna checkout that book...i was wondering u do carry a pistol when riding? and what pistol do u have?

asmart82

Quote from: cr500pro on December 29, 2012, 04:08:54 PM
thank u 4 the info (mingy) im gonna checkout that book...i was wondering u do carry a pistol when riding? and what pistol do u have?

I believe by what he wrote, he was stating that only people he is very close to would know whether he carries or not and he would like to keep it that way ;)

He is an NRA instructor though, so you can probably make a good assumption!

gmiller0737

Quote from: cr500pro on December 28, 2012, 02:29:38 PM
hey (gmiller).do u feel uneasy or uncomfertable when u ride without ur pistol?..i sure do,especialy when others approach me in the woods,when i dont carry my pistol i feel somthing is gonna happen to me..ive also came across a few bass fishermen carrying a side pistol.
I don't ride without it,But if I did I would feel strange.

cr500pro

lol,,yes i know what u mean,,i got have a (BB gun) at least on me hahahah..I wonder how many riders out there are actualy packing a pistol ,hidden some where & no 1 knows about it??.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com