42nd Annual Pumpkin Run

Started by AMC, September 10, 2012, 08:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrider77

hope this works
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

trailrider77

Hope my neighbors dont mind lol
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

trailrider77

does someone have a physical address that i would be able to put in a gps?
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

AMC

Trailrider77,

Your first attempt was a fail, but jackin your neighbor's tiny carved pumpkin gives a whole new redneck definition to the term........... "Jack-A-Lantern".

Your efforts have earned you a FREE pass to the 42nd Annual Pumpkin Run.

Send me a PM with your contact info for details on how to claim your FREE pass.

Physical address is;    475 SR 415 New Smyrna Fl.

AMC

trailrider77

2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

Is there a limit to the number of people and riders allowed at this event? A friend of mine had this concern. Larry

asmart82

I don't know if there is a limit but if there was, it would be a LOT. The place is huge. The most I've seen is probably around 700-800 and that wasn't busy.  I heard of one a long time ago there was somewhere around 3000. Don't know if that is true or not.

little blue 300


AMC

Asmart's answer is pretty spot-on.

We don't have a cut off per-say and we anticapate around ~1000 people this year.

Past events were advertised to be limited to 1500, but we now realize that with everybody jumping on the bandwagon with mud parks poping up everywhere, our particapation levels have since hovered around the 1000 mark, with muddy/wet conditions bringing the larger crowds, and this year is pretty wet, so it is sure to be a great run.

Most people who have been to the Pumpkin Run, will return every year and bring a friend.

If you have never been to the Pumpkin Run, you owe it to yourself to come and see what a real night "riding" event is all about.

8 days and counting.........Only 6 days left to take advantage of the $10 pre-registration discount at apollomotorcycleclub.com

AMC


AMC

Only 2 days left to get the $10 discount with our online pre-registration at apollomotorcycleclub.com

Looks like it's going to be a windy run this year.

AMC

asmart82

Wind is nice except at night when the air cools down!

trailrider77

cool nights make for nice riding friday is taking forever to get here already lol
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

AMC

With the windy conditions that could be present this weekend, we are asking people PLEASE do not leave a campfire unattended.

C'mon.....Friday ;D

trailrider77

2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

AMC

Hey Y'all.....It may be a little windy tomorrow, but the event is ON.....

There won't be any dust, and be sure to stake down your easy-ups really good.

This is going to be the largest Hurricane party on the east coast......... ;D

The train has left the station....wooo...woooo!

AMC

asmart82


little blue 300

Leaving now! See ya all up there! Larry

trailrider77

what an awesome weekend had a blast hats off to the Apollo Motorcyle crew they did a great job besides never finding the showers or atv wash section all the trail were great and playing in the mud is always fun
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

I had a good time too Carlos. June and I enjoyed riding with you and your cousin.

But I think that we made a wrong turn and ended up at Mudmuckers.  rolback1

I couldn't find the showers or ATV wash section either.

AMC, could you please put some toilets around the whole area next time and not just in one place. When you get older, you will find that they need to be closer to where the people camp.  ;D

Also you need to put up bigger and better signs on the exit gate that say  " Do not enter, one way only". We had to pass at least 60 riders that went in the wrong gate. I don't know how they got through the course as all of the orange arrows were at their backs. I'm talking about the day course.

I really enjoyed the night ride and had a lot of fun! AMC did a good job marking the trails. I plan on attending again next time.

Larry & June

little blue 300

One other thing that I learned this weekend is that my little blue Hyundai will go anywhere! Mud is no problem at all!



That is, if it's being pulled by a tractor!!!   rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1



It took me longer to get the mud off of the car than it did the ATV.



Larry

asmart82

The toilets and showers were in the main camp area.  Unfortunately, due to the unforeseen impact of Hurricane Sandy, the main camp area became the mud pit. The showers and toilets were where people would usually camp but no one was able to get out that far except a select few with the vehicles that could make it.

The showers were where the usually were except this year they were surrounded by mud! The wash station is usually right by the showers as well but I did not see it this year.  I honestly don't think a wash station would have been of any use anyways considering no matter where you went, you had to travel through mud to get back to wherever you parked.

Glad to  hear you made it out, Larry! I was a little worried you'd be stuck there till the Rabbit Run!  rolback1

I had a great time even though it was cut short due to a punctured radiator (not mine) but its probably a good thing because I am sore today.  We made the unfortunate mistake of riding the north trail when it got dark and it was a complete mess but I had a blast!

trailrider77

Ya we tried to do the night trail but that was a cluster but iy was still very cool the night ride was amazing
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com