Sport Quad Roll Call!!

Started by strubby, August 09, 2012, 12:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strubby

Who all on this site rides sports, what do you ride, where are you located and where do you frequent? I like riding with anybody and any type of bike, but it would be cool to get a good sized group of sports together. I'll start...

2008 Outlaw 450 MXR, ride 5A a lot because it's local, but ride a few other local spots, and wanting to go back to croom and ONF soon. Also wanting to check out Osceola, DFA when they get back open 100%, etc. I'm in Central FL, Daytona area.
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

patches206

I run both sports and untilies.   Me and the wife have DS650 Baha's and one Outlander Max 800.  Mostly ride Croom and Ocala.  From time to time Durhamtown. 
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

strubby

Cool, those DS650s are neat machines. I am going to be getting my girlfriend her own bike again soon. We want to get back into doing riding trips. I love Durhamtown!
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

zman03

suzuki ltz 400 (440) live in Miami,fl, ride woods & mx,  Croom my favorite!!!    was suppose to go friday am 4am but buddies let me down (again) I personally will take the 600mile round trip solo but DONT wanna get to Croom and ride solo ( riding is just like scuba, always gotta be with someone). its about 4.5 hrs of a drive one-way but well worth every mile I drive.
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

strubby

Cool, I would down for meeting anyone. My schedule with commercial jobs gets pretty crazy, but I can usually make time for a meet.

I know there's more sport riders on here!
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

dieselbeef

banshee...lakota....ksf50 for the litle guy

croom/onf/northport

patches206

Quote from: zman03 on August 09, 2012, 04:37:59 PM
suzuki ltz 400 (440) live in Miami,fl, ride woods & mx,  Croom my favorite!!!    was suppose to go friday am 4am but buddies let me down (again) I personally will take the 600mile round trip solo but DONT wanna get to Croom and ride solo ( riding is just like scuba, always gotta be with someone). its about 4.5 hrs of a drive one-way but well worth every mile I drive.

Zman maybe when it cools down  Oct-Nov you can come camp out at Croom and mybe we can get a few others for a night or two.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

zman03

im ready!!!   cant wait for the weather to cool down!!!! ;)
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

Dorsey

As of right now I have a 300ex. LOL! I believe my uncle is buying it(pending). Within the next couple of weeks I'm planning on getting a Honda 700xx whether my 300ex sells or not. I haven't been riding in about a year. I would like to get up with some others and ride. I've ridden out at Flagler Estates, ONF(1 time), Olustee as far as local. I've traveled other places to ride but Durhamtown is my favorite. It's family friendly and some what close.

strubby

Yeah Durhamtown is amazing! I was like a little kid on Christmas morning there.

Have you thought about an Outlaw 525IRS? The Honda is a good bike, and sounds like you might be Honda-loyal, which is cool! The 525IRS is a little lighter and quite a bit faster. If you're looking used, either bike can be found reasonably priced. I love my KTM powerplant! Just figured I'd throw it out there since a lot of people overlook that bike. I just broke my hand this weekend, but I'm down for riding after I'm healed up! haha
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

Dorsey

Nothing against the polaris(I have been reading a little since reading your post) but I'm going to stick with the Honda. Only thing I've read bad about it is it's a little slow and not a lot of aftermarket parts for it.  But they are reliable and I've havent heard anything different.


I might be up for some riding next week as I'll be off all week. I have a 700 spotted out and hopefully it works out I will have it this coming up weekend. Although when I'm off there seems to always be work to do still.

strubby

I agree if you've had goodluck with Honda stick with them :ThumbsUp.g
It will def  be a nice upgrade from the 300!
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

Dorsey

I got the 700xx Thursday. Big improvement over the 300ex. Me likey!

strubby

Quote from: Dorsey on September 10, 2012, 06:12:18 PM
I got the 700xx Thursday. Big improvement over the 300ex. Me likey!

Congrats! I haven't been riding lately since I broke my hand but I don't think that'll keep me off the bike for much longer.
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

Trx450dan

I got a 2007 honda trx450er.. best bike Ive ever rode. Im from Miami fl.  I have been riding in florida city, 8st &137ave, k krome ave, ocala, la belle, 41st. But it seems everything is getting closed.. im interested in meeting riders that want to anywhere...  I also have a banshee, 1992 suzuki lt250r. Project bikes: 2004 yfz drag bike strickly for drag to long for trails. And a 660 rapter frame with r6 engine...

prosa69

Run an Outlaw 525s.  I didn't go IRS cause I also own utility quads and wanted something to play on. I have been going to Canaveral Groves allot cause its close.  I also like to go to Mud Muckers which is north of Daytona.  I do 5A a few times a year but with all the rain right now it sits in the trailer while the utilities come out where ever I go.   

Trx450dan

Before my trx450 I owned a 2001 honda 400 sporttrax so I became a fan.  Riding buddies used dislike polaris.  I do like ktm however.. anyway im in for a ride whenever

strubby

Quote from: prosa69 on September 17, 2012, 01:17:54 PM
Run an Outlaw 525s.  I didn't go IRS cause I also own utility quads and wanted something to play on. I have been going to Canaveral Groves allot cause its close.  I also like to go to Mud Muckers which is north of Daytona.  I do 5A a few times a year but with all the rain right now it sits in the trailer while the utilities come out where ever I go.   

You should check out PolarisProRiders.com a lot of great info on the Outlaws. That's where I got most of the ideas for mine.

I'm down to ride whenever too, I've owned pretty much every 450 so I'm no brand sleeper, I like them all.

Where is this place by the cape? I'm in New Smyrna.
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

Dorsey

Sooooo. Is anyone riding this coming up weekend in the northern half of Florida/southern Georgia? From reading on here sounds like everything is under water.

sykolincoln

I ride a trx310R and my daughter rides a 250ex sporttrax, used to ride ONF quite often and fl motoplex, but have stayed local for the past few years riding possum creek and sandhill sand pits in waycross ga, Hey dorsey have you been up to the pits in waycross? its about an hour from jville. Next year me and my daughter will be in FL alot as she joined FTR but we have to wait till her birthday before she can compete so shes been practicing like crazy,may goto the motoplex in a few weekends.
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

strubby

Quote from: sykolincoln on September 19, 2012, 08:54:18 PM
I ride a trx310R and my daughter rides a 250ex sporttrax, used to ride ONF quite often and fl motoplex, but have stayed local for the past few years riding possum creek and sandhill sand pits in waycross ga, Hey dorsey have you been up to the pits in waycross? its about an hour from jville. Next year me and my daughter will be in FL alot as she joined FTR but we have to wait till her birthday before she can compete so shes been practicing like crazy,may goto the motoplex in a few weekends.

I've been interested in Sandhill for a while and haven't seen any updates, is it still fun out there?
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

Dorsey

I've read about it in the past but have never been brave enough to go up that way because I didn't want to get up there and not be able to find it

strubby

Let's do a group ride there, Syko could lead?
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

Dorsey

I'm cool with that! When? I'm not off every weekend though.

RidingDirty

400ex here with a lot of goodies and a few more to come. Im out of the Clearwater/Dunedin area. I have always been ridding at croom or years ago Ocala NF. Anyone ever want to meet a croom let me know.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com