Rainbow River

Started by Da_Mtg_Man, May 22, 2005, 06:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da_Mtg_Man

 How many of you folks have been to Rainbow River?
I took the family and some friends yesterday and had a blast. It's been about 4 yrs since I've floated down the river and forgot how enjoyable it was.
There is a state campground that we could camp and my wife can get a trailer full (6) canoes from Girl Scout Council if anyone is interested in a weekend of camping
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Moose

#1
Been there on my boat and you better not have anything resembling trash in it. Any can, sandwich rapper, chip bag, etc. or you get a nice ticket. I guess now a days that's the only way to keep the river clean.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Da_Mtg_Man

That is true. You can NOT have anything disposable on that river. That is the reason that I only saw 1 Dr Pepper can on the bottom and I snorkled all the way from the K.P. Hole to the bridge. It is the cleanest river I've ever seen.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

rubicon500kid

i went down the river in one of the iner tubes and it was fun the water was so cool its realt clear i was scared cuz they told me there was gators so i was friking out i herd if you misssed that lil turn when you get out that you would go down the river to far or sum thing like that
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Qdawg76

Hey mike I would be interested in camping out down there with yall. I think My waife and daughter would love it, Just let us know when you might be heading down there to camp
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

big-daddy

hey Mike why do they call it rainbow river? do the rainbow people go there or something else.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

CAOSPOP

#6
Mike you know what they say about those colors. Is there anything you want to tell us?

o4250

I think I found some pictures from my last trip their :D



Heres one


CAOSPOP

Not that rainbow the other guys at ONF smokin pot.

Da_Mtg_Man

thtop it you thilly thailors. :D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

atvtrailer

ive been there probly 20-30 times in the past year or 2, good fishing up there, good swimming too, but those cops definly will give u tickets if u got anything that is disposable  :-/
05 450r #13B

CAOSPOP


Magnum330

well now I was their when I was in 3rd grade appx 1968 or 69 It was call Rainbow Springs if this is the same place. It had a river boat and a few other rides. I understand it closed down and a few years later it opened up as rainbow river. Very nice place so I hear. The river boat was sold and is now somewhere else and you can still see parts of one of the rides the went through the woods.  
Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.

devildog55

man i went there a few years back and spent 6 freakin hours on a dang tube. but you know what they say theres nothin better then floatin down the river drinkin beer peeing on yourself.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL

Grizzlygirl

I have never been there, It looks like a nice place. I would love to take my troop if I can get info it would be appreciated . Also on  the local GS council.
    Mama Grizz

GaryinSeffner

I've been and thats a great time. They allowed us to have a cooler on the river as long as it had it's own tube!!

cant wait to go again......I think we stayed at the KOA which wasnt far
[url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg[/url]

CAOSPOP

How about an ATV Florida group fltilla !!!! [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

racemanfl

Mama Grizz there is a state park campground right on the river will try to find info for you

Da_Mtg_Man

Da_mtg's_boss (Jen) is very familiar with the campground and the G.S council. I'll have her get with you on this when she gets a free moment today.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Quad32x

It  is  a  very  nice  place. :)  The  state  bought  some  land  on  the  river  to  built  a  new  landing  area  so  its  not  such  a  long  trip.  As  far  as  I  know  the  new  landing  will  be  on  the  right  side  of  the  river.  It  was  a  long  way  from  the  KP Hole  to  the  bridge !!! ;D ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

gtnwood

Hey, that sounds like a cool place. Where is rainbow river if I may ask. thanx [smiley=pirate.gif]
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

Quad32x

North  central  Fl.  about  25  miles  SW  of  Ocala.  The  closest  town  is  Dunellon , Fl.  on  SR 41. ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

CAOSPOP

ATV FLORIDA FLOTILLA. They Cubans from dade county will show you how to float on a raft for hours. come onnn guys lets do this i sounds like its gonna be a hot summer anyway. [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

gtnwood

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com