5a scootsmoore questions

Started by Crewsing, August 23, 2012, 02:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewsing

I have never been to 5a and i'm planning on bringing 3-4 atvs this weekend to check it out.  From what i have seen on google maps it is a big place.  Where are the ridge trails?  we plan on hitting the mud too.  Are most of the mud holes and trails to the north of the parking area?   Thanks for any advice.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

abrady

the ridge line is north of the parking area. have fun it should be WET!
o9 550 H1, mudlites

trailrider77

If you are there sat you can get in touch with little blue bill on the here he knows everything about 5a and he's every sat
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

Crewsing

Thanks.  Will be nice to explore a new place.   
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

strubby

What day are you going? I'll prob be out there this weekend as well. What are you guys riding?

There are 3 sets of 'ridges'. My favorite is sort of tucked away back by Rock Lake. My buddy rolled a Rincon last time we were out there, so if we hook up I'll let you know when NOT to follow me, haha. There will be water/mud everywhere right now. A place called the Playground is right before the first set of ridges near the parking area, and everywhere below the ridges. Then you'll get to the Tree Line and P-Patch, then Moose Pond. Grass Lake is on a trail south of those. The Fence Line should be deep and is just past Moose Pond. I will not be going there... haha. Anyways, let me know when  and I may be able to show you around!

Also what type of riding do you guys like best, swamping or trail riding?
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

little blue 300

Quote from: Crewsing on August 23, 2012, 02:38:24 AM
I have never been to 5a and i'm planning on bringing 3-4 atvs this weekend to check it out.  From what i have seen on google maps it is a big place.  Where are the ridge trails?  we plan on hitting the mud too.  Are most of the mud holes and trails to the north of the parking area?   Thanks for any advice.

If you're going Saturday, my wife and I will show you around. We get there at 7AM and ride most of the day. We have 2 blue Yamaha Grizzly 300s and drive a blue Hyundai Elantra with a 14 foot trailer.

We can show you the ridges and take you to the mud. We will watch you do the mud and water as we can't do them.

Just give me an estimate of your arrival time and we will go back to the parking and look for you. We don't have a cell phone.

Larry

Crewsing

We like to hit the mud and the trails but most of our bikes are not snorkeled so we cant go too deep. i have 3-4 that can ride sat.  sunday looks a little nasty. We have a gray chevy and should be there around 930. 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

little blue 300

OK, Great!!!

One of our 300s didn't make it out of the shop. Last week I had trouble with the starter and took it in and they have to order a new one. Glad its under warranty.

My wife and I will be riding together on one ATV tomorrow. Just like old times!  :)

Strubby, which day are you going this week? Go tomorrow and we'll have a large group ride.

Larry

strubby

Hopefully tomorrow, but it's my g/f's birthday weekend, so I probably should ask what she wants to do, haha. I will post if we're heading out, and will look for all of you if we do. I'm shooting for Ocala next weekend (Labor Day weekend).
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

Crewsing

I told my group that sat would be the day to go but want to go on sunday instead.  will have a bigger group, 8-9 bikes.  One of them is picking his new quad tomm too.  so weather permitting we are riding sun.   Between 5a this and mudmuckers next weeekend we should have some good pics and videos soon. 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

little blue 300

Thanks for letting me know. Now I don't have to spend all morning looking for you. Larry

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com