2005 Suzuki Vinson 500 automatic

Started by flmedic911, July 09, 2012, 02:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flmedic911

Hello all.

Looking for some help.  I have a 2005 Suzuki Vinson 500 auto.  I put a new HMF pipe on it and replaced the main jet (which is 128 stock I believe) with the one that came with the new pipe(didnt look at the size)  anyway didnt notice much power gain, and when I ry to throttle it backfires and blows blue flame out the pipe....what main jet should I be using?  I have a dyno jet kit on hand...just need some 411.

Thanks
flmedic911

Bigscrb15

I ran my 05 Vinson Auto with the HMF pipe but can't remember what jet I used. It actually ran great with stock jet.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Dirtlover

This is from HMF`s website under jetting specs..

HMF Recommended Jetting for Vinson (02-07)

2002-2007: Slip On: 142 Keihin Round

    These settings were determined on our dyno at 900ft - 60�F
    Improper air fuel ratio can lead to engine and/or exhaust system damage not covered under warranty.

Modquad E-brake block off
Turner 38t rear spkt
Turner 14t front spkt
Renthal R4 Z ring chain
Pro Design case saver
ROCK shock covers front & rear
MSR levers
Turner Billet gas cap
ROCK cc bumper
Turner chain roller
DUNLOP rear+front tires
Modquad Posi-lock axle nut
Rock pro series nerfs