is holey land park still open ? on 27

Started by trx450rdanny, July 08, 2012, 02:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trx450rdanny

thinking about going to holey land park .. wondering if its still open tomorrow

cg54329

holeyland been closed to ATVs since july 2008

AintSkeered

But, you can still tear it to shreds with your UTV, buggy, Jeep or truck!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

trx450rdanny

Well I went to check it out .. And i found that .. I saw no jeeps went around 5pm .. I saw some mudded up jeeps on my way there not sure where they came from , is 8th st still open though?

I_N_3

5A this weekend. 3 hours north of you.
KiNG QuAD 750

trx450rdanny


little blue 300

It's at Exit 231 on I-95 near Scottsmoor. When you exit, the parking lot is on the west side of the exit.

It's free and nobody bothers you there. Hope that you'll join us.

Larry

trx450rdanny

So your aloud to camp out there ?  How are the trails like muddy or just dry

strubby

I was just a 5A all day yesterday. You WILL get wet. At least if you ride a sport like me. Everyone I rode with has UTE's, mostly lifted and I led the whole day. I had no problems, you can go around most if not all the holes, or just hug the side. I ride with an open intake, so I have to be somewhat careful. I was surprised it wasn't very busy out there. If you know the trails, there are a lot of fun spots like hill climbs, 'cliffs', sand pits, etc but the guys are rode with yesterday like the mud better. There is a lot of riding to be had...
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

trx450rdanny

Sounds awesome well you're aloud to camp there right ? Since its like a 3 hour drive from my house spend a whole weekend out there

I_N_3

Yeah it's big and there are sections that are dry as well.

Strubby you still coming out this Saturday?
KiNG QuAD 750

strubby

#11
Yup I'll be out. I'll try to get the same group to come out that was with me yesterday. You could camp out there, not sure if I would without a group tho. There can be some weirdos out there at night sometimes. BUT there is a campground right behind Stucky's gas station that you could ride your ATV to the 5A entrance from, labeled H. (is directly on the other side of I95). Entrance to 5A is just under I95 on the west side, LESS than 1/8 mi from campground entrance.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=709&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=mims,+fl+campground&fb=1&gl=us&hq=campground&hnear=0x88e74b040adc90c1:0x7074c77463ac410,Mims,+FL&sa=X&ei=uzX7T5PcA4Gs8ATuw8XaBg&ved=0CKMBELYD&oi=local_group&ct=image
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

Anoriginal

If you say "allowed" aloud enough times, you might learn when to use "allowed".  ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Crewsing

I just looked at the sat view of 5a.  looks sweet.  Its a long drive from jacksonville, but looks like it would be worth it.  Is there more than a days worth of riding there?  we have a trailer and could stay at that campground if so.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

zman03

anyway to find out who owns the land :deal.gif   would be a nice atv park!! :ThumbsUp.gif   im sure this would be great for that local area!!! :ThumbsUp.gif
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

dalem352

#15
miami corperation is all tied up in court over that land go to miami corperation then click on welcome to the farmton website and their is every thing about the land an a map of what  they want to do with the land.Also google 5a scottsmore fl.their is stuf bout 5a some youtube shots
Just ride

Flat_Out

I was looking at the google earth picture of the area.  At the area that you said to park, it looks like in the street view there is a no trespassing sign at the entrance to the woods.  Is that what I am seeing? 
2003 Suzuki Vinson - Stock
"Son If I Wanted To Talk To Your Mother, I Would Have Bought A Car"

strubby

If you're still talking about 5A, I don't think there's any no trespassing sign near the parking around (used to be a DQ that burned down). It is patrolled by the Sheriff's dept every now and then, just to make sure people aren't doing anything worse than riding quads and mudding in big trucks. It's locally known as a 'public place to ride'. Some weekends there will be hundreds of people out there, including events like Trucks Gone Wild. Some weekends, you can almost have the place to yourself, just depends. For me, it's just a local spot I go to when I'm not planning a trip. I doesn't compare in size to ONF or anything, but prob one of the largest local spots that isn't a riding park.
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com