Centennial Trail - Ocala National Forest

Started by kdclere, April 18, 2012, 09:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdclere

Thanks all for the updates.  I will make a loop on Monday afternoon to check for trees.  Remeber when you guys are out there if you notice something that you think may help me out, don't hesitate to post it on here.  Constructive criticism and obvious hazards such as trees down are always welcome!
I will see about some "tables" for rest areas. 
Also, I have an intern working with me for a few weeks as well that should help out. 
I'm looking into an "Adopt-a-Trail" program where individuals or groups could adopt sections of the trail to help keep clean and trimmed when possible.  I'll keep everyone posted.

-Kris

I_N_3

#76
Quote
Thanks for agreeing with me SMP63. One of these I'm sure we run into each other in Ocala


I find this comment rather ironic. Lol
KiNG QuAD 750

Starbuc71

Quote from: I_N_3 on June 23, 2012, 01:41:05 PM
Quote
Thanks for agreeing with me SMP63. One of these I'm sure we run into each other in Ocala


I find this comment rather ironic. Lol

lol... I realized the same thing I after I posted it :)
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

I_N_3

Its all good. I need to hurry up and get a 2nd quad so I can ride ONF.
KiNG QuAD 750

SMP63

Quote from: Starbuc71 on June 23, 2012, 04:36:23 PM
Quote from: I_N_3 on June 23, 2012, 01:41:05 PM
Quote
Thanks for agreeing with me SMP63. One of these I'm sure we run into each other in Ocala


I find this comment rather ironic. Lol

lol... I realized the same thing I after I posted it :)

Good catch Iggy!! LMAO!!!   If we do I hope we are both going slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

kdclere

UPDATE:

Becuase of impending inclement weather, it looks like I wont make the tree-clearing rounds on the Centennial until probably Thursday.  These rainstorms really take their toll on the Sand Pines in the Scrub Ecosystem.  The Sand Pine has a very fragile and weak root system and they tend to fall in light winds and rain.  Be careful riding!

-Kris

Starbuc71

Has anyone rode the centennial trail since the storm passed through? I'm going up there in probably 2 weeks.  I will bring my saw and try to clear some downed trees.  I'm sure they will all be cleared by then.  How muddy is it now?  Any trails washed out?
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

dalem352

#82
soon as i get my cat back i going to centennial this week i hope new belt only had the quad sence apr. 14 got it new
Just ride

kdclere

I cleared the 20-mile loop of the Centennial last Thursday.  Haven't heard of many complaints from the other part so must be clear (for the most part).  As for trail condition, the 20-mile loop is pretty flat and dry.  Some small portions are whooped out, but this will be taken care of soon.  The rain did the trail real good! 
-Kris

dalem352

Road centennial today and fire burned all the way around farles lake
Just ride

dalem352

Just ride

zephyr

Had a  great ride, then got to talk to to of the nicest rangers. Filling in for Chris.
They installed a trash container at blue sink and the rangers are in the process of cleaning up the area. Also show the rangers where the trees were down and they said they were going to start clearing them on Sunday
The NEW trail head is awesome pavement all the way includind the parking lot no more dirt roads If you have not checked it out you need to
:) :) :)
2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800

dalem352

#87
centennial this thursday 7/26/12 anyone riding  ???
Just ride

kdclere

Just to let everyone know...the 316 TH is open now on the north end of the Forest.

-Kris

dalem352

#89
cool i was out their last week an it was still closed i going to ride centennial this thursday
Just ride

Mingy

I might be able to make it, the earlier the better.  What time will you be riding? 
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

dalem352

i would b their round 8:00 it would b better at the new trail head off 40 for u
Just ride

abrady

hope u ant ridding that big cat out there.
o9 550 H1, mudlites

dalem352

no i found that pic on facebook looks like it mite b to wide for some of the trails in o/n/f
Just ride

Mingy

I dont see anything to stop me now, will let you know for sure this afternoon.  Anybody else coming?
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

dalem352

your the only 1 that replyed so i will check  back later oh let me also know where u would want 2 put in at it only takes me 35 to 45 minutes to get their
Just ride

Mingy

Pretty good clip for me, but I am thinking at 8:00 AM at the new trailhead just off (south) of 40.
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

dalem352

ok cool i will b their silver dodge green cat
Just ride

Mingy

See ya at 8:00.  White on red old school F-250 + Green grizz 450.
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

dalem352

#99
what a ride mingy came out today we had to cut and move 8 trees  on the trail but it was still a good ride
Just ride

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com