Rules for riding Big Scrub

Started by stevescummins, January 07, 2012, 06:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevescummins

I am thinking about get a permit to ride in Ocala Forest but have a question before I do. I have a Brute Force 750 with a hard case storage box mounted on my rear rack that has a seat built in. My five year old granddaughter loves to ride. I see there is a rule that says only one rider on a quad. Are they strict about that or could I get away with taking her riding with me up there? I moved here from Wyoming and she was able to ride with me there. I haven't done any riding here yet on state ground and want to avoid a ticket. Any help would be appreciated. Now that it is cooling off I would love to take her riding. She loves it. Thanks folks.

patches206

If the machine it built for one you can only ride one.  One of my Can-am's is a factory two seater and that one is legal.   
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

SMP63

Welcome to the forum!! Unfortunatly Patches is correct. I have never seen 2 people on a wheeler except those that are designed for 2 the times i've ridden there so i would say they inforce that rule!!!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

digginfool

They can be real poppers of balloons, if you catch my drift.   ;)  They have to finance the cost of grooming the trails (rrriiiiiiiiight) and serving the customer (hhhmmm-hhhmmm) some way or another.  ::)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

stevescummins

I guess I won't be riding in the forest. She is to small to ride her own machine and I spent 7500.00 on this quad and I am nt going to spend more to get a new one.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com