Hastings 11-13-11

Started by Crewsing, November 14, 2011, 01:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewsing

Left jacksonville around 8, only took about a hour to get there with the crew and two fourwheeler.  Pretty easy to find.  Only saw a dozen or so riders and a few trucks all day.  Found some nice holes to drop in.  Only ventured out about five miles.  Almost got lost once when we got on the other side on the canal.  I should have studied the area more before we went.  From google maps the place looks huge. One rider told me it was around 10-11k acres.  We found the area called waffle top, I think.  We also found some cool roads that had alot of smaller muds holes going all the way down it.  Some of the holes, but not too many, had some nasty cement-like mud.  I was suprised that the trucks haven't rutted up all the holes around there.  Only came across a couple trails that we could not do.  One had some beer cans up in some trees along the trail.  That one was sick.  I need to hook up with someone who knows the area because there is way to much land to cover.   The new mudlights did their job today.  Good times.         
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

abrady

I was out there i  thought tah was you . but i didnt know i was on the balck articcat with 29.5s yall were loading up when we got there. and yes that one place is called walfe tops. we had a blast till i broke a axel :'(
o9 550 H1, mudlites

Crewsing

You guys have some badass rides.  Do you guys just stick around that area when you go there?  We noticed some of the people out there would load up coolers and would disappear.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

abrady

o9 550 H1, mudlites

Ole Nasty

I take my cooler with me when I go out there. ;D
Here's a vid from one of the last times I was out there.
ATV riding in Hastings, Florida(Waffle Top)

abrady, where did you break your axle at?
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

abrady

its hard to say but i was trying to come over the Colver
to get on one the main road and was in the mud hole on the back side of it and all i heard was snap!
o9 550 H1, mudlites

Ole Nasty

I'm pretty sure I know where you're talking about.  Was it a stock axle?  I guess it sucks either way.  You going to upgrade to a Gorilla? 
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

Is there places beyond the waffle top area worth checking out?  I found two rows of power lines.  Can you keep riding down either of them?  Is one any better than the other?   I'm planning on making another trip down in 3-4 weeks.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

You can ride through that creek right by the waffle top, then there's the high trails through the woods on either side of the canal, the big mud pits near where you come in at and there's more trails in front of that.  Pretty much every time I go out there I find somewhere new to ride.  I'll be out there Thanksgiving weekend if any body wants to go out there.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

abrady

putting stock axles back in.
o9 550 H1, mudlites

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com