Which has better tunes ( Ford F-250 6.0 PSD )

Started by Ynot0323, October 24, 2011, 07:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ynot0323

I need to get a new tuner for my truck, and plan on going with the SCT line of scan tool, but am wanting to know which company has better tunes.. DP Tuner or SCT ??

I had a SCT with DP Tunes, but the SCT tool broke, so now i must have the truck flashed and then get the new tuner..

Tony

Mudneck

If its an early 6.0 I wouldnt do anything to it. Leave it stock. They blow up well enough on their own.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Ynot0323

It is an 03 with 115,000 miles on it.. Ive been running the SCT with DP 80 Hp Econo Tune since the day i bought it with 72,000 miles on it.. Havent had a single problem..

Truck has 5" MBRP Turbo Back exhaust, and the tuner at current time.. Id like to add intake, but I work in a very sandy area, and dont think the intake is a good idea at current time..

One person told me to go with the SCT tunes, another told me to stick with the DP tunes..

Figured id get some input from other people..

Mudneck

I run the SCT on my 7.3  also drive it on veggie oil. I didnt have good luck with my 6.0 as it was stock, it was an early 03. I also towed 15-18k lbs with it regularly. I here the headstuds help. Good luck with it.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Dirty Foot Adventures

SCT Tunes from Matt @ Gearhead!!! 

I have a 06 King Ranch with a 6.0 and had the tune on it for over 30,000 with NO problem.  It now has 124,000 still going strong (where is that wood that I should be knocking on?)
More FUN than you can handle

Bigscrb15

I also have an 03 6.0 and had the engine replaced at 75,000 miles. Now I have 143,000 and it is still running pretty strong. Only had to spend $8,000 in repairs since the engine was replaced. Can't wait to get rid of this thing! lol..... With that said, head over to www.powerstroke.org and check it out. A few atvflorida members are active over there.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

k-town quad boy #5

i got an 03 with 170k with the SCT innovative diesel tune i got extreme street it is awesome totally made the truck fun to drive because i was always used to all my cummins.

everyone seems to like the innovative tunes on the forums
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES

caospop

2007 Polaris Sportsman