Folding Trailer

Started by Ole Nasty, April 12, 2011, 12:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Nasty

I got a new Haul-Master folding 4x8 trailer from Harbor Freight. Cost $260+$40 for registration. It came in two boxes and took me just under 4 hours to assemble by myself, not including the wood floor I added.  I would have liked to buy a bigger trailer but I had no where to keep it. I really needed one that folds up so I can store it in my garage.








I need to cut up some more 2x4s to stiffin it up some more and build some side rails. I've only driven around the block a couple times(waitng on plates) and it rides real good. I don't even know it's there. The wiring is kinda chinzy and will probably be replaced soon, other than that I think its a hell of a deal.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Rathbone

I just built one of those myself!  It's really heavy though.  It's rough for one person to fold it and stand it on end alone.  Twice I've forgotten to strap it closed so the rear half fell open onto the ground.  Fortunately I haven't hit anything doing that.

250rsith

Got one of those trailers, it's a great deal, mine has gone some long distance places and it's really great, don't even notice is back there, putting it away (folding and lifting) is not so bad unless you a really beat up from a long day of riding...lol and really, don't forget to put the strap when folding!!!! ;D ;D ;D
TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25

Rathbone

I don't know what I must have done wrong because it's too much to fold.  I've used it several times now and I can't get the tongue to separate from the frame anymore.  And I'd never leave it standing on it's casters that close to a vehicle.  It seems like it would just fall over on its own.  When I could stand it up I strapped it to the wall so it couldn't fall over in the garage.  It's raining like mad right now and I left it outside today because I can't fold it and put it into the garage.  It does tow well, but I wouldn't recommend one to someone who needs to be able to fold it.

Ole Nasty

I fold mine all the time.  I use just about every weekend and fold it up afterwards.  Except for that picture I never use the tilt feature, it doesn't feel safe riding up then it slamming down.  I'm big enough to lift it and fold it up by myself, its a PITA though.  If I wasn't restricted on space I'd buy a bigger one in a heartbeat.


Quote from: Rathbone on September 19, 2011, 01:22:38 AM
I don't know what I must have done wrong because it's too much to fold.  I've used it several times now and I can't get the tongue to separate from the frame anymore.  And I'd never leave it standing on it's casters that close to a vehicle.  It seems like it would just fall over on its own.  When I could stand it up I strapped it to the wall so it couldn't fall over in the garage.  It's raining like mad right now and I left it outside today because I can't fold it and put it into the garage.  It does tow well, but I wouldn't recommend one to someone who needs to be able to fold it.

Just pry apart the part that the tongue rest in.  I had to do that  when I first put it together.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]