Skunk Ape

Started by Hollywood, November 30, 2004, 02:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood

I never new we had our very own version of Bigfoot right here in Florida. I found some of this after reading a post on EXriders. I've always found this stuff very interesting. After looking at some of these sites it seems a lot of these sightings dating back to the 70's seem to be near a lot of the places we ride at. Three Lakes WMA, Ocala N.F., Big Cypress, Myakka State Forest and Ochopee area. I have to say that I see it very possible for something like this to be hiding out there in some of the more remote wooded areas, I know I have seen and heard some strange almost unexplainable things when hunting deep back in some of these woods even had the feeling of being watched at times but always shrugged it off as nothing but who really knows. What's yalls thoughts on the matter?


http://www.floridaskunkape.com/

http://www.bfro.net/
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Hollywood

Take a look at these pics. Really makes you wonder, especially when no one can seem to prove them as fakes?  :o

http://www.lorencoleman.com/myakka.html
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

LTZ400ApK

Thats pretty cool lets start a Ape hunt and find this critter,i heard it taste like chicken  ;D

Michelle

That is so weird.What you said about feeling like your being watched and just know something is there.Tommy was out at Lake Cypress a few years back.Which is down the rd from 3-LK.Came home from hunting,let me say I dont think I have ever heard or seen this man so freaked out.He was actually out in the marsh on the airboat was sitting there he said.No wind very still.Anyhow he said that the pea patches just started layin down,could here it.Said the noise was all around him. Then all of a sudden it just stoped.No other airboaters where out there he saw no pack of animals.No human could be that far out in the marsh by foot.He said thats the 1st time he was ever scared in the woods.And he was raised around this area.Been in these woods his whole life.And if he ever finds out I told this story,oh man I'm in deep doo-doo ;D

SkyHighT100

Those pictures give me the creeps. All I know is thank God.. and Scooter... that my 4wheeler is faster now. Cause let me tell you, if I run into that thing riding.. my butt is HAULIN AZZ the other way, lol.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Qdawg76

thats pretty cool. makes me wanna go out and find out if the legend is true :o
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

yunt2ride

I can remember when everyone was talking that stuff. Everyone spotted him but noone ever had anyone with them at the time. Don't know if its true or just a legend. Someone may have just put on a suit or just let a gorilla loose in the woods. Its kinda like the lottery. YOU NEVER KNOW
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

stretchy

QuoteTake a look at these pics. Really makes you wonder, especially when no one can seem to prove them as fakes?  :o

http://www.lorencoleman.com/myakka.html
HEY... WAIT ONE minute. I live in old myakka. Been here for most of my life. I've heard some pretty wierd tales but never met the guy. Wonder if he likes Bud lite. Seriously tho I live about 1/4 mile from the river and about 1 mile from the park. My friend from nearby had his dogs go crazy one nite. Then he smelled "something really dead" so he closed up his barn and hauled azz. The next day he went back and found black hairs on a "rub" but it was to tall for anything. He sent the hairs to some researchers but they said it was "unrecognizable". I've heard some pretty strange noises on the river, but never seen "big stinky". I would think w/ all the development out here somebody would have seen it.Since I am unaware of any new sightings, it must have moved . Must not like city folk either. :o

LTZ400ApK

QuoteHEY... WAIT ONE minute. I live in old myakka. Been here for most of my life. I've heard some pretty wierd tales but never met the guy. Wonder if he likes Bud lite. Seriously tho I live about 1/4 mile from the river and about 1 mile from the park. My friend from nearby had his dogs go crazy one nite. Then he smelled "something really dead" so he closed up his barn and hauled azz. The next day he went back and found black hairs on a "rub" but it was to tall for anything. He sent the hairs to some researchers but they said it was "unrecognizable". I've heard some pretty strange noises on the river, but never seen "big stinky". I would think w/ all the development out here somebody would have seen it.Since I am unaware of any new sightings, it must have moved . Must not like city folk either. :o

i wonder if he shaves we he disides to move to hide from everyone,and if you was a hairy ape thingy what kind of car would you have  ;)

Hollywood

#9
ATV Florida Skunk Ape Hunting Party

Let the hunt begin! lol


I never could make my mind up about the pictures. Some look extremly real but the full body shot looked strange. I guess anything you'd never seen before could look strange though.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

J.D.

Hay , I think I used to date that chick . :-/
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

kawGIRL

Makes you wonder why some of these CRAZY hunters have never shot one?  Are they for real?  [smiley=Wacko.gif]

There were 4 friends of ours that saw one close to my house back in the early 70's, along the Intracoastal in Juno.  It was all woods back then.

Okeechobee Co. is supose to have them, what can we use for bait? It is hunting season!
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Michelle

I'll grab one of the cows in the back pasture ;DKawgirl you said yesterday you where practicing w/your bow,,,,,,,,,,bring it!Lets go get us some of that Southern Swamp SaSquash :P
I'll lie low in the tent,,,,,,,,,,be your back-up ;D

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

glennd

Actually, I'm in one of those pics.  Had to shave when the wife couldn't tell where the neck hair stopped and butt hair started.  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

stretchy

QuoteActually, I'm in one of those pics.  Had to shave when the wife couldn't tell where the neck hair stopped and butt hair started.  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

 WAY tmi :-X :-X

Hoss

hey scooter isnt that your old girlfriend ;D
            (AKA PORKRINE)
400ex,pro pegs,dg bumper
Yosi full exhaust,K/N filter
Quad tech hood

Shotgun

Looks like that big hairy monkey is laughing his azz off.

Bush Hog

About 14 years ago or so, a buddy and I were hunting in Green Swamp.  We were a few hundred yards apart, sitting in stands.  I heard the strangest sound, noise, yelp, whatever you want to call it.  I didn't want to tell him about it so he wouldn't think I was nuts.  As we were walking back to the truck he said "Did you hear...........", I cut him off and said hell yes I did.  Unless there is a Canadian Moose loose in that swamp, there is something I've never heard before or since, and I've hunted all over Florida.

stretchy

OKAY Enough w/ the scary stories or else I'm changing my name to "spooky"

 I was headed to the barn this evening, of course its cloudy, so theres no moon. ALL OF A SUDDEN. There was a loud noise of something in the trees about 15 yards away. I was scared for a second then I figured it was a coon or something (must have scared it too). THEN it started coming toward me REALLY fast. I thought oh crap I'm all done, I'm gonna be bigfoot's btch for sure.  :o AS THE HUGE HIDEOUS BEAST aproached in the dark, I heard four feet instead of two(must be a group thing) :-[. Then I remembered I let the g-dam cat out about a hour ago and he wanted back in. HOLY CRAP I almost pissed my pants. Literally- almost. Anyway the only way I'll go out to the barn now is w/ my A.K. Hope the cats still in. ;D :D ;)

stretchy

QuoteAbout 14 years ago or so, a buddy and I were hunting in Green Swamp.  We were a few hundred yards apart, sitting in stands.  I heard the strangest sound, noise, yelp, whatever you want to call it.  I didn't want to tell him about it so he wouldn't think I was nuts.  As we were walking back to the truck he said "Did you hear...........", I cut him off and said hell yes I did.  Unless there is a Canadian Moose loose in that swamp, there is something I've never heard before or since, and I've hunted all over Florida.

You'd be surprised the noises a bull can make. Especially a brahma bull. We were penning cows one day when a of a sudden this big brahma just lets out this loud scream. It started out real deep and loud and then went into a really high pitched scream. It gave me goosebumps in the middle of the day.

Bush Hog

I've heard plenty of bulls, I've never heard anything like that.  Not to mention, it was deep in the swamp.

jjamesbar

QuoteOKAY Enough w/ the scary stories or else I'm changing my name to "spooky"

 I was headed to the barn this evening, of course its cloudy, so theres no moon. ALL OF A SUDDEN. There was a loud noise of something in the trees about 15 yards away. I was scared for a second then I figured it was a coon or something (must have scared it too). THEN it started coming toward me REALLY fast. I thought oh crap I'm all done, I'm gonna be bigfoot's btch for sure.  :o AS THE HUGE HIDEOUS BEAST aproached in the dark, I heard four feet instead of two(must be a group thing) :-[. Then I remembered I let the g-dam cat out about a hour ago and he wanted back in. HOLY CRAP I almost pissed my pants. Literally- almost. Anyway the only way I'll go out to the barn now is w/ my A.K. Hope the cats still in. ;D :D ;)

funny story, stretch.
my cousin claimed to have seen a monkey while fishing on the ocklawaha river about 15 yrs ago. he thinks it got away from silver springs park.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Hollywood

Actually Jeff there are a lot of Monkeys in that area and they did get loose from Silver Springs. If you ever ride on the west side of the forest your liable to see some. I ahve seen quite a few back when I used to dog hunt in that area down near the swamp.  ;)
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

SkyHighT100

I was talking to my mom about this the other day. She mentioned that an old friend of ours had seen "skunk ape" before. She said that the first thing he noticed was the horrible smell, as he followed it, he saw the ape. This was all on his property out in Chuluota.

I think its interresting though that there are so many reports and stories about skunk ape. And honestly, I wouldnt doubt it if there is something... or somethings out there in the woods that no one has officially discovered. I mean, they find new species every day. Not to mention, oceanographers are still trying to find a LIVING giant squid. These things are over 50 feet long and they cant find them until they wash up on the shore! Imagine what else there is out there thats left to be discovered.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com