22MAY11 short ride in JAX

Started by Ole Nasty, May 23, 2011, 01:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Nasty

VIEWER BEWARE: THERE WERE NO HELMETS WORN DURING THIS RIDE. WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN WEARING THEM, WE KNOW.

Went riding by the house today, me on my Grizz and my buddy on my wife's Sportsman 500 HO.

Got some more ramps, it's way easier to load up 2 quads now.






























So apparently on a Polaris when the gauge says 1/4 tank it really means empty.











winchin' out the PoPo.  I gotta get some tires for this thing.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

zman03

nice trails !!!   where do you guys live?  what area?  im in Miami
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

Ole Nasty

2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

duroc825

Looks like it was fun. Any sport quads ride there? I'm staying in Jax working on the monstrosity of a courthouse and would love to bring up the quad and find a place to let off some steam after work and occasional weekends.

grizzly04

I live in jax, just wondering where that was?  Doesn't look familiar.  Looks pretty cool.

Ole Nasty

Argyle Forest area.  What do you ride and where do you live at in Jax?
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

grizzly04

I live out near the beaches. Born and raised here, been riding since I was 10. Used to ride regency sand dunes, imeson,jtb at south side, and east port rd. Now we ride ocala forest, Osceola a couple times, way cross, tennessee(coal creek), Carolina adventure world, durhamtown plantation, and a few others. Unfotunately not to many places left to ride in jax. How big is that spot u guys ride? 

grizzly04


Ole Nasty

It's a couple miles of trails.  I still haven't been to anywhere else really.  I'd like to go to one of the National Forests or hastings just haven't made it out there yet.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

mrbones

Wow. That riding through the concrete tubes looks dicey!
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

abrady

mr. bones hastings is a good spot to ride all kinds of bikes from sport to 4x4 alot of trails but its beeen dry.
o9 550 H1, mudlites

mudbucket2

osceola is a good place to ride just stay off the number roads , they will give you a ticket if they catch you. miles of trailes to ride and wet in some places. gps is good to have out there , you can get lost. let me know when every body is going , like to go.

rolling thunder

nice pics  the Middleburg gang  is going to the motoplex tomorrow morning come ride with us about 8 we are leaving at 7 am   :drive.gif

TerrainOsaurus

Also live in the Argyle area and came across some pretty decent trails recently. They are more suited for utility quads than for my honda sport. Fun none the less. Let me know if interested in meeting up.   

Ole Nasty

I'll be going out probably saturaday afternoon sometime.  Where are the trails off Argyle you know of?  We're probably riding the same trails, lol.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

johntrx450r

not to far from me (fruit cove) can a 2x4 run out there or is it to soupy?
If your not first... your last!!!!

05 TRX 450R,
Jetted
Cam
Race Pipe
Hole Shots
Nerf bars

Ole Nasty

A sport quad would have plenty to do.  However I don't think it'd be worth the drive.  I went out there the other day and looks like the state put barriers blocking most of the tunnel access.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

johntrx450r

Is there any where to ride around here?? I'm itching to ride so bad!
If your not first... your last!!!!

05 TRX 450R,
Jetted
Cam
Race Pipe
Hole Shots
Nerf bars

Ole Nasty

Check out Hastings, Fl
Here's a link from FC to Hastings and exactly where to park.  It's a gigantic area to ride, it's free and no one bothers you.  if I didn't take my bikes to Soggy Bottoms last night(late) I'd meet you out there.
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Fruit+Cove,+FL&daddr=Beckenger+Ave&hl=en&ll=29.814434,-81.55838&spn=0.697034,1.234589&sll=29.616744,-81.474009&sspn=0.010913,0.01929&geocode=FWN1ywEd4j4i-ymLnd7sbM7liDHb9KsjsV8TVA%3BFbL4wwEdoLUk-w&vpsrc=6&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=16&t=h&z=10
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

johntrx450r

Thanks dude! If ya ever want to go ride let me know! I need some heads up though! I have a youngin and have to find a trailer to borrow. Mine is in NC til end of Nov.
If your not first... your last!!!!

05 TRX 450R,
Jetted
Cam
Race Pipe
Hole Shots
Nerf bars

Dorsey

Quote from: johntrx450r on September 17, 2011, 03:10:02 PM
Thanks dude! If ya ever want to go ride let me know! I need some heads up though! I have a youngin and have to find a trailer to borrow. Mine is in NC til end of Nov.

John,

I live in Mandarin and I could swing by and pick you and up and head down to Hastings. It's been a couple of years since I've been down there. I'm hardly ever at home but when I am it's usually for a week or two. Let me know and I'll hit you up when I'm in town.

Tim

johntrx450r

If your not first... your last!!!!

05 TRX 450R,
Jetted
Cam
Race Pipe
Hole Shots
Nerf bars