Sport quad fuel mileage ?

Started by 1Scorpion, May 15, 2011, 12:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Scorpion

 I know this is subject to ride style and how much wide open throttle.
  But just trail riding not wide open on a unmodified sport quad like a ex300 or ltz400 about how far can you go ?  I currently ride a ute and go about 75 miles and still have a quarter of a tank or less.
I'm considering getting something sportier and lighter.

Ida_Mann

before ATP got a hold of my 400EX and made it a ton faster, I used to get about 90 miles out of the tank before I hit the reserve tank,,,and I didn't exactly put put around, nor am I a small guy.

I find I get way less mileage out of my rubicon, I don't trust going more than 50 or so miles.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

johndoe83

I never really got a mileage reading on my 400ex, once we went to ocala national forest, filled up the gas when we got there, rode 35miles on the GPS, checked our gas and my 400ex still had atleast a half tank, so I didnt worry about it the rest of the weekend.

That was with a 440kit, cam and extremely large jetts.

Stock the mileage should be way better like IDA_Mann said espeacially on the 300ex.

yfz122

I have a YFZ and use a gallon per hour. I don't know how many miles.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

1Scorpion

 Thanks guys, Now all I have to do is find the right used quad that I can afford. There's a 300ex not far from me and a couple of ltz400s .  I just got to find the time and little more cash.
Quote from: Ida_Mann on May 15, 2011, 12:55:07 AM


I find I get way less mileage out of my rubicon, I don't trust going more than 50 or so miles.

Id@
My Rancher 400AT 4X4 will go at least 75 miles and I've never used reserve yet. That's riding at ONF in 2 wheel drive.

450R_Matt

My 1986 TRX250R seems to use gas just sitting in the garage.  Maybe 5 mile to a gal.
The 450R would go 4 times as far. Road WFO at River Ranch for at least 3 hours. Still had gas.   
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

IRoostU

I raced in a harescramble at Dirty Foot Adventures, approx.....44 miles on my 2007 LTR450.  Finished the race with the low fuel light just coming on.
Mike

2007 LTR450

ShortBusHEMI

buying a sport quad and worrying about the fuel mileage is a lot like marrying a fat chick and worrying about the grocery bill..... ya know, i'm just sayin.....
08 TRX450ER

Andy9933

Quote from: ShortBusHEMI on June 05, 2011, 07:18:27 AM
buying a sport quad and worrying about the fuel mileage is a lot like marrying a fat chick and worrying about the grocery bill..... ya know, i'm just sayin.....

Walking back to the truck sucks......just sayin.
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

hatchdemon89

Quote from: ShortBusHEMI on June 05, 2011, 07:18:27 AM
buying a sport quad and worrying about the fuel mileage is a lot like marrying a fat chick and worrying about the grocery bill..... ya know, i'm just sayin.....
:L

09 trx450r
06 ltr450
03 ltz400---sold

1Scorpion

Quote from: ShortBusHEMI on June 05, 2011, 07:18:27 AM
buying a sport quad and worrying about the fuel mileage is a lot like marrying a fat chick and worrying about the grocery bill..... ya know, i'm just sayin.....
Like ShortBus HEMI said walking back cause I ran out of gas sucks ! It's not the cost of using a lot of fuel it's running out.  I like to ride all day when I get to ride. And I enjoy riding the trails , I'm not a track rider. I know I'm not fast enough for that.  I'm an old guy !

svtbolt04

Lucky for you, the gas cap just takes a quick spin to the left to check how much fuel you have.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.