Planning a trip

Started by djtates125, February 02, 2011, 05:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djtates125

I was looking into planning a trip for myself and some other riders from my group. I was looking into Durham town. I was wondering the group i ride with is into 4x4 riding. we all have some sort of mud tire and lifts , would Durham town be a spot for us or are they more of a sport bike/mx track? If so were do you all recamend we go?
YOLO!
2006 kingquad 28" mudzilla snorkelled radiator relocated 3000# winch
2005 sportsman 800 rdc 2" lift Clarion headunit with pair of 8" bazooka tubies and amp 30 silverback with super atv foward aarms polaris rear box with bags 5000# wireless venom winch

stacktester

Durhamtown is perfect. Just went a couple weeks ago. There is muddy trail areas and a mud pit you can ride in until you're bike weighs a million pounds lol. I saw a lot of riders burying their bikes on the trails but I would rather not see that but to each his own. The people there are second to none.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

Baileygunns

^^X2

Just went last weekend. AWESOME!

Mud pit for getting supper dirty and miles and miles of trails. I would say there were more 4x4 quads on the trails then sport bikes when we went. A few SxS rigs too (I saw a couple TRICKED out RZRS out there). TONS of dirt bikes but it seemed like they mostly hung out on the MX tracks. I took my wife for her first trip on her Honda 250EX, she was gitty. I almost had more fun watching her ride than riding myself... almost, lol.

They have pressure washers for $1 to clean of the THICK Georgia clay at the end of the day (took me about $3 each time we cleaned off but we were COVERED). The pro shop is WELL stocked with gear and parts. I was shocked when I went in and looked around. I was expecting a tinny store with outrageous prices. That was not at all what I found. They have an amazing rental set up. Seemed like they had 3 or 4 of every type of bike or quad... The only thing I could ding them on was the food... Not that great but was eatable. We did breakfast and lunch in the Cafe and cooked on the grill for dinners. I think next time we will plan to cook all meals at the cabin. The cabins are just that... Cabins. Don't expect the Marriot, but for a weekend atv trip they were perfect.

Durhamtown was awesome, hands down. We will be planning another trip with out a doubt.

I_N_3

KiNG QuAD 750

Johnny Rotten

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

djtates125

thanks for the feedback looks like i will be planning the trip there then.
YOLO!
2006 kingquad 28" mudzilla snorkelled radiator relocated 3000# winch
2005 sportsman 800 rdc 2" lift Clarion headunit with pair of 8" bazooka tubies and amp 30 silverback with super atv foward aarms polaris rear box with bags 5000# wireless venom winch

I_N_3

KiNG QuAD 750