Open carry in Florida

Started by big-daddy, January 22, 2011, 01:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

Quote from: FishaHallic on January 25, 2011, 03:41:56 PM
BTW, I carry most of the time also but I don't need it, I don't have to hide behind a gun or a keyboard or a moderator label  ;)


boo hoo.....cry me a river.

:'(
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Chillinthemost

Law enforcement officers, wether they are Barn Fife

or Cobra


 They show up AFTER your house has been broken into, or AFTER you have been carjacked, or AFTER the robbery or mugging has happened. Its up to YOU to defend yourself and them to write the report.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Anoriginal

Quote from: Chillinthemost on January 24, 2011, 10:12:37 PM
Fish, this thread has to do with open carry laws not fallen police officers. Why dont you go away, far, far away

I just sent him your address. He's coming to live with you so you can teach him how to be a man.

On second thought.... you might need help with him. I will see if Erik can come help you.

I'm coming over too but, just to watch and drink your beer.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

crom A zone

guys and girls( fish)...... can we please get back on topic i want to here more about open carry... would u still be able to concle carry or will it be open carry only.. do u need more permits than a ccw..
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

FishaHallic

My life is great, I don't fear LEOs or feel the need to call them stupid or for that matter I don't need to check in with a PO, never been in trouble or arrested or had any dealing with LEOs other than a ticket or two.  In my opinion several members that posted on this site have issues with the law because they think the cuffs were too tight or did not enjoy the cavity search as much as they thought they would, I guess the LEO had big fingers  :R :R :R.

I really don't care what you think because like your hero you are ethically challenged and morally bankrupt and I am neither.

trx#9

#30
Don't lie Fish, I did a little searching and I found Fish trying to reason with a cop after getting pulled over.  rolback1
Man Gets Ass Beat By Cop
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

FishaHallic

Wow, you guys must really need the guns that your so worried about carrying cause without your gang present you would be nothing...........................actually your nothing with your gang  :R 2:L :R :R :R :Fp

crom A zone

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Dixie Normous

Too bad you can tell its BS right from the beginning...all Police Officers where their badge over their heart, and also; officers would not have let him get that far before shuttin' his butt up. It was funny though!!!
09 Camo TRX500 Foreman
2" Perfex Long Travel Lift Kit
HomeDepot Snorkel
28" Outlaws
HMF Utility Exhaust
Dyno Jet Kit

FishaHallic

All that searching and you end up with a fake video, you sure your not a republican trx?

trx#9

Quote from: FishaHallic on January 25, 2011, 07:48:59 PM
All that searching and you end up with a fake video, you sure your not a republican trx?
I'm a Ron Paul republican!  ;D
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

FishaHallic


cobrap

#37
The main idea with the open carry is:  Yes, permit still required.  You can carry either way.  But whats been happening is:  Cops are arresting and/or issuing citations to CCL holders, because people have gotten sneak peeks at the persons side arm and called the police on them.  So its a protection really for people with CCL.  #2 its a deterrent for the bad guys!  My personal opinion, be very careful with your carry open.  Someone might be able to snatch your gun off your side, like they would grab a woman's purse, or pick pocket it.  So its important to have a very secure holster!
07 Polaris Scrambler 500 w/ winch, 03 Trailblazer 400,
99 Yamaha Breeze 125
89 Jeep YJ - 33s", 4 1/2" Lift, 9.5 Winch
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor

big-daddy

Wow talk about getting side track.....


Anoriginal check out my new Smith


This a Lew Hurton 629     "77 of 300"



I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

TNTaylor

Personally, I like the option to be able to open carry but I totally agree that a good holster will be necessary.  If a gangbanger tries to snatch your weapon, causing you to fear for your life, will that be good enough justification for shooting the dirtbag.

Nice gun bigdaddy.....
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

crom A zone

thank u evan if open carry is aloowed i still gonna concle carry i feel its better and safer so u dont get targeted like some libril dude like fish that hides behing a keyboard lol
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Anoriginal

Ricky,

That's a sweet piece! I bet it has quite a bark when it goes off. I really love the Smiths. Feel great, look great and perform flawlessly. Combine that with the performance center work and you've certainly got a very nice weapon there.  :ThumbsUp.gif



Back on topic as well...usually I carry the larger pistols in the truck. However, when I carry "on my person" I usually carry the Kimber Ultra Carry II in a slip in pocket holster to break up the outline. It's compact, light and easy to access.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

cobrap

Quote from: crom A zone on January 26, 2011, 08:19:04 AM
thank u even if open carry is allowed i still gonna conical carry i feel its better and safer so u dint get targeted like some liberal dude like fish that hides be hing a keyboard Lil
An excellent point, I had forgotten to mention also.  Open carry does open the argument that you are now a target.
You'll be the first one that liberal idiot starts shootin at.  And you may get some unheralded confrontations from the
crazies out there.
07 Polaris Scrambler 500 w/ winch, 03 Trailblazer 400,
99 Yamaha Breeze 125
89 Jeep YJ - 33s", 4 1/2" Lift, 9.5 Winch
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor

TNTaylor

another possibility is that liberal idiot may not start shooting if he sees a lot of armed citizens all around him.... same goes for the purse snatchers etc.....
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

big-daddy

#44
Matt, Have you seen a 696? Its one of my favorite CCW, L frame with 5 shoots of 44 special.


bigger holes, leak more.  ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Anoriginal

Yes I have. Awesome for sure. 44spl is a cool round to boot.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

FishaHallic

I already stated that I pack a weapon so why would I have a problem with you for carrying a legal weapon?

Anoriginal

Quote from: TNTaylor on January 26, 2011, 01:15:51 PM
another possibility is that liberal idiot may not start shooting if he sees a lot of armed citizens all around him.... same goes for the purse snatchers etc.....

True...just like the liberal idiot in Arizona.   ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com