Albany, Ga Sand Dunes 18th-19th Dec

Started by Crazyguy1257, November 30, 2010, 02:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyguy1257

Hello, I'm new to this site and thought I would try it out. We have a large group out of Panama City, FL going to Albany, Ga to ride the dunes the 18th and 19th..it's a sat,sun.  We always like for new people to come out and as always the more the marrier....for those who haven't been it is about 70-80 acres of sand dunes, mostly hill climbing. A lot of guys come to drag race. There is also a lot of trails. The town is extremely friendly, even the cops stop to watch sometimes.

AintSkeered

#1
Where's it at? Off 19 @ E Oglethorpe Blvd? We'll be up there(Georgetown/Eufaula area) the following week.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Crazyguy1257

That's sounds about right. I have a friend that knows the area well..I will get with him. I would like to make a return trip that next weekend. We will def see about that.

AintSkeered

That following weekend includes Christmas Day, so we'll try those dunes on Sunday.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

zman03

can you guys give some more specific directions? I was trying to find this place on google earth.   
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

AintSkeered

#5
If it's where I think it is, it's behind Delosh Mazda of Albany.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

zman03

I cant find it on flashearth or google earth?     can someone Please help?????? :'(
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

zman03

aintskeered, thanks, found it!!!!!!!!!!!       I cant stop salivating after seeing this place!!! :-*  Has anyone ridin here before? :P :P :P  I would love to ride this place!!!   anyone knows who owns it?    I think I'd be crazy enough to drive their from Miami,Florida to ride there?  Has anyone ever been told you cant ride there?   and by who?    I gotta find a local!!! ::)
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

AintSkeered

I've never ridden it. I only stopped to look at it while passing through Albany. I'd go to the Motoplex or Appalachicola Forest, if I was going to drive that far(8 hours).
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Crazyguy1257

I have been going since I have been 13 yrs old and I'm 24 now and I love the place. Granted I only live 3 hrs away. I have never been kicked out. The cops will even stop by and watch sometimes when their bored. It is owned by the county. They shut it down one time when a guy killed himself in an accident but hasn't been closed since.it's a major source of income for the local economy so I doubt they will. Hope you all can make it out!

Dixie Normous

Hey guys...I am actually from Albany and have played on those sand dunes all throughout my childhood. That used to be the places to go on the weekends and watch the 4 wheel drives, dune buggies....and all of the other local idiots...ha ha
Its used to be city owned and was open to the public. Every once and a while someone would get hurt out there and then they would start running people off, but that would die down and everyone would get back to going back out there. If the dunes are even close to being the same you guys will have a blast. Unfortunately my snorkled foreman wouldn't fare to well out there or I would make the trip from Jacksonville, Florida and show you guys around...even so...be careful and have fun....take and post some pictures for ol' time sake!!!!

D.
09 Camo TRX500 Foreman
2" Perfex Long Travel Lift Kit
HomeDepot Snorkel
28" Outlaws
HMF Utility Exhaust
Dyno Jet Kit