ONF warning!

Started by Bush Hog, November 28, 2004, 02:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bush Hog

We went riding today where the power lines cross road 520.  Someone has sprinkled roofing nails all over the pull off spot.  I got seven in my truck tires, but luckily none in the machines.  Because my tires are so thick, only one caused a leak.  I had to plug it.  Beware, this isn't an accidental spill of nails. [smiley=Angry.gif] >:(  We picked up a couple dozen and threw them in the brush.

This is where we were parked.

Magnum330

I'd like to find out who it was and stick a pound up their old kazoo. What goes around comes around. We were told that hunters were doing it at Rodman just south of the paved road where it dead ends and the trails goes back into the woods toward the river. Not sure if this was true or not we have never been that way yet.
Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.

Hiram

#2
That stinks....thanks for letting us know of the nail mess at the Power lines, and for picking them up but you just made a second nail mess by just threwing the nails in the bushes instead of in the trash....
04 White/Red Banshee (mines)
03 Yerf Dog 90cc (son's)

Bush Hog

QuoteThat stinks....thanks for letting us know of the nail mess at the Power lines, and for picking them up but you just made a second nail mess by just threwing the nails in the bushes instead of in the trash....


Believe me, nobody is going to ride in the trashpile we threw them in.

SkyHighT100

Yeah, the Roofing Nail trick is old, lol. I had one in my tire out at Rodman Dam 2 group rides ago. Also be careful in the trails, not only are there nails there too, but I have heard a few rumors about piano wire being drawn across the trails, talk about the ultimate clothesline  :-/
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

love_to_roost

jeez what next? what happened to getting along with every
one?Stuff like that just pisses me off to no end.I will be glad
when I buy my own property.
96 warrior alba graphics renthal bars piaa light kit     11 to 1wiseco piston titanium valves 450 high lift cam 36mm mukuni with twist ,dg pipe paddles and holeshots

jjamesbar

joe,

do you thing they threw out the nails after ya'll rode off? i used to ride through hog valley. i almost always picked them up in my tires over there.
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Hiram

#7
QuoteBelieve me, nobody is going to ride in the trashpile we threw them in.
Good, sorry for thinking that at first you just took them out your way and threw them in the bushes. ;D
04 White/Red Banshee (mines)
03 Yerf Dog 90cc (son's)

Bush Hog

I'm sure they weren't looking to get us since we had never parked there before.  Most of the nails were rusty looking, but some were still shiny.  I'd say they had been there about a week.  It could even be hunters discouraging other hunters from the area.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com