Looking to buy a 2007 or 2008 brute force 750 what do you think

Started by mattsmith, November 03, 2010, 06:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattsmith

Hi I am looking at a couple of bikes to buy a 2007 and a 2008 brute force 750, I think I want fuel injection but not positive, what do you think? I want a bike that will last a long time. I wanted a rincon and then rode one and a lack of power so I felt the power of the brute force and fell in love. I ride mud, water, and trails. I am looking for your comments please? And if you have one for sale let me know. Thanks :P

Anoriginal

I own two Brute Force 750i's and love them. Great power, no failures of any kind, easy to maintain and a comfortable ride.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

crom A zone

brute will be best bike def get fuel injection dont mess with carbs trust me... also brute take alot of maintance (rear seal esp) and other seals that leak all the time..... but well worth power u will get out of it... do you self favor get fuel injected FTW 8)
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Keeter

Quote from: Anoriginal on November 03, 2010, 07:21:05 PM
I own two Brute Force 750i's and love them. Great power, no failures of any kind, easy to maintain and a comfortable ride.

That's because you don't ride them hard and WAIT...you never ride them..Hmmm
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

Anoriginal

Quote from: Keeter on November 07, 2010, 08:49:57 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on November 03, 2010, 07:21:05 PM
I own two Brute Force 750i's and love them. Great power, no failures of any kind, easy to maintain and a comfortable ride.

That's because you don't ride them hard and WAIT...you never ride them..Hmmm

Alright you big goof. You're just mad because my Kawasaki says "Polaris Extraction Unit" on the front of it.   ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Mudneck

Quote from: Anoriginal on November 07, 2010, 08:59:32 AM
Quote from: Keeter on November 07, 2010, 08:49:57 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on November 03, 2010, 07:21:05 PM
I own two Brute Force 750i's and love them. Great power, no failures of any kind, easy to maintain and a comfortable ride.

That's because you don't ride them hard and WAIT...you never ride them..Hmmm

Alright you big goof. You're just mad because my Kawasaki says "Polaris Extraction Unit" on the front of it.   ;)

Yea my Rhino has that sticker on the front of it to  :o
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

crom A zone

my brute has it on front back and both sides and evan a guy that comes out from snorkle that says it with loud speaker as it happing :-*
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

jrpro130

05-07 is carb
08+ is FI

I would stray away from the 07 just because of the carbs.  I never could get them to run the way the FI does after you do snorkels and exhaust.  The power commander for the 08 is a lot more than jets cost, but well worth it.  Throttle response I feel is better on the FI. 

You are going to have to work on it  A LOT.  Front/rear seals every couple rides, belts, axles, etc. if you ride hard. 

Wouldn't have it any other way though.  Ask cromazone, he hates working on it sometimes, but I always remind him about how big the smile is when you are ripping through the hole front wheels up music blasting....
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Anoriginal

I have a 2005 and a 2006. I've never had to replace any seals or belts on them. I run 27" mudlites on one and 28" mudlights on the other. I use them all the time in rough conditions and water (in and out of my camp, way back in the Big Cypress). I keep them well maintained and haven't had to work on them at all, other than normal maintenance.

If you punish them and use them as submarines, any bike will need a lot of work. If you use it like it was intended, you'll never have no problems. Tons of power, nice ride and very reliable.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Keeter

Quote from: Anoriginal on November 08, 2010, 10:56:16 AM
I have a 2005 and a 2006. I've never had to replace any seals or belts on them. I run 27" mudlites on one and 28" mudlights on the other. I use them all the time in rough conditions and water (in and out of my camp, way back in the Big Cypress). I keep them well maintained and haven't had to work on them at all, other than normal maintenance.

If you punish them and use them as submarines, any bike will need a lot of work. If you use it like it was intended, you'll never have no problems. Tons of power, nice ride and very reliable.

Play you pay.  It all comes back to each persons likes and dislikes. I buy American.  Just saying.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

crom A zone

ya lol   smile is great  27 those stock tires compared to my 30's and almost 4 inches of lift lol
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

jrpro130

Quote from: Anoriginal on November 08, 2010, 10:56:16 AM
I have a 2005 and a 2006. I've never had to replace any seals or belts on them. I run 27" mudlites on one and 28" mudlights on the other. I use them all the time in rough conditions and water (in and out of my camp, way back in the Big Cypress). I keep them well maintained and haven't had to work on them at all, other than normal maintenance.

If you punish them and use them as submarines, any bike will need a lot of work. If you use it like it was intended, you'll never have no problems. Tons of power, nice ride and very reliable.

You are one of the lucky few, not many people actually look down there and look at their seals (myself included, I'm guilty of that sometimes) but they DO eventually leak. Most people complain about it within 100 miles.  I get about 3 rides on them.  It's a huge problem that kawi has just now started to prototype a new seal for.  As for the belt, I have been through 3, I can't count how many matt has been through. 

I keep mine very well maintained and I just have the regular problems (seals/belts/tie rods). 

In comparison to the grizzly I had before, the brute has a ton of problems.  The grizzly was gas and go.  Wheel bearings every 1k miles...broke the reverse gear but that was not my fault!
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

crom A zone

i think i am on belt 5 and i am on  and on my 2nd front axle and 3 or 4th rear axles in about a 6 month span....  and all to blame for those is a monster power plant (v twin 750) most agresive mud tires (gorilla silver backs) and one right thumb that has one to many cold budlights or captian and mnt dew
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

zman03

anoriginal said it best, if you use it as your suppose to or as the manufacturer intended it to be used.  but the submarining of these things certainly WAS NOT THE INTENDED USE :N  but then again the user is not the sharpest tool in the drawer ;) ::)
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

crom A zone

then agian if u use them and dont let sit in a shed ;)  i got an o8 with over 200 hours and 700 miles of hard swamp under water muddy trails
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Keeter

Quote from: crom A zone on November 08, 2010, 09:06:32 PM
then agian if u use them and dont let sit in a shed ;)  i got an o8 with over 200 hours and 700 miles of hard swamp under water muddy trails

for sure for sure!!
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

Anoriginal

If you buy a BF750i, one thing you really need to do is buy a full set of skid plates, including A arms. The factory stuff is total junk and basically useless. One of the best things I've ever done is purchasing a full set of aluminum skids, bash plate and A arm guards
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

AintSkeered

Historically, ATVs were not manufactured for extreme mudding. However, Can-Am now sells and ATV and a side-by-side built for that purpose. And, you can warranty them.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Keeter

Hmm..Can those plates handle those nasty stumps at BC??  I am still picking wood out of my teeth. 
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

Anoriginal

Quote from: Keeter on November 16, 2010, 05:09:48 PM
Hmm..Can those plates handle those nasty stumps at BC??  I am still picking wood out of my teeth. 
Definitely. They've taken on the cypress knees and the limerock with no problems. The same knees and rocks destroyed the factory junk.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

crom A zone

skid plates? mine fell off long time ago like them wit out they dont hold mud
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

fl750mudder

I have a 2006 with an 840 in it and it awesome!!! I am selling it if you are interested. I prefer the carved brutes cause they are easier to work on. I have had about 15 brutes and I think they are awesome machines for the money.
2005 Brute Force- HL Lift Kit, 29.5" Outlaws, 1.5" Wide trac spacers, HL Temp Gauge, Ramsey 3000 Winch, HL Diamond plate bumper and bash plate,HL ICM, Bayou snorkel kit
[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com