ATV Asphalt tires?

Started by 08Honda400EX, October 21, 2010, 05:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

08Honda400EX

I'm looking to do a little 1/8 mile drag racing with my quad, but I have not been able to find a tire made just for asphalt or drag radials.  Who makes them and where can you buy them online?
Charlie Swartz - #890

2008 White/Black Honda TRX400EX
2011 Green Honda Recon 250TM

cj

get some Hoosier or preferably some American racer, dirt track tires.
you may even find some used ones for a good price !
if you have a smaller bike,run a lighter tire like a  18-8-10  or  19-8-10,
if you have a lot of power get a 19-10-10  or a  20-10-10.

jayman

Quote from: 08Honda400EX on October 21, 2010, 05:29:52 AM
I'm looking to do a little 1/8 mile drag racing with my quad, but I have not been able to find a tire made just for asphalt or drag radials.  Who makes them and where can you buy them online?

Do you care to try dirt drag racing as well?  Dirty Foot will have their new track completed this weekend.  It is 300' long, 30' lanes and 1000' shut down.  You will have 60' times, ET, RT and MPH on your printed time slip.  They are VERY CLOSE to you as they are located in Fort Meade

They are having their first race on the track Halloween weekend.  Trophies for pee wee and youth class and MONEY for Adult Classes.  Just $15 to enter ($5 for registration and $10 goes in the pot).  70% payout to 1st place and 30% payout to 2nd!!!!!
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

08Honda400EX

Yes I'll be trying out the sand drags as well, I'll be seeing yall soon
Charlie Swartz - #890

2008 White/Black Honda TRX400EX
2011 Green Honda Recon 250TM

jayman

My son wants to know if you are going to make it out Halloween weekend for the race.  He has a ltz400 and is looking to race some other 400's
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

08Honda400EX

I'm gonna try, I had a blast today at your ranch.  I was the guy with the blue dodge and the white & black ATV.  The sand drags are def. fun, but I need alot more practice.  Can;t wait to see the new track.
Charlie Swartz - #890

2008 White/Black Honda TRX400EX
2011 Green Honda Recon 250TM

2 wheeled flat tracker

I have a set of Racer innova's that would work perfect on the asphalt, the rears are mounted on Yamaha bolt pattern wheels, if yuor interested in the tires I can dismount the rears and just sell you the tires to mount on your wheels.

PM me for my email address

Shawn



Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com