3-Wheelers now welcome

Started by Dirty Foot Adventures, September 22, 2010, 09:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty Foot Adventures

After many request to allow 3-wheelers.....It is done.  Dust them off and bring them out.  If we have a large enough turnout for the Oct.2 races we will have a category just for 3-wheelers. WELCOME  :)
More FUN than you can handle

zman03

3-wheelers were recalled by the manufacturers and are not permitted in any facility as far as I know. I would ask that you guys look into this. this could potentially become a liability issue. you guys should check this out. I had one and unless you know how to ride one you can get easily hurt on one. I know if you slip your foot off the pegs by mistake you can injure your knee real easy under the back tire. they are very prone to tipping if you dont know how to lean your weight to the opposite side your turning.   just a little heads up! ;)!   
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

Chillinthemost

Zman, you are an idiot and dont know what you are talking about. MOST facilities DO allow them and they are no more dangerous than any other machine that we like to play with. I dont own one now but I grew up on them and loved riding them.  The same jackasses that went on the warpath to have them banned are the same ones that dont think we are responsible enough to own guns and think that 15 year old boys should be riding 90cc atvs.

  I can make my own decisions about what is safe for me and my family.   Thank you Dirty Foot for being reasonable and allowing these old school guys the opportunity to enjoy your park.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

550superquad

zman must be 1 of those people who can't walk & chew bubble gum at the same time !!! lol foot slip off & get hurt wa wa wa wa come on man get real. do you let your kids play outside or are do they play videos all day
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

greenmachine

I guess if you stick your foot down in front of the pegs of a 400lb quad it wont hurt your knee ::)
Actually bro, it breaks your leg below the knee, somewhere in the middle of your shin.
Maybe we should all just go walk or hike the trails at DFMR because it decreases the risk of liability.
I wish I still had my 86 atc250r!

LostCause

Good for the guys that have the 3 wheelers.  Bad for the facility. 

I have been involved in this sport for a long time and have dealt with the insurance side of the sport and know for a fact that there is not a insurance company that will cover a facility that allows 3 wheelers.  Yes it can be masked just like facilities that allow you to ride without helmets.  So for the facility, when someone gets hurt and God forbid that the individual or family decides to come after you for damages because they got hurt on your land, more than likely your insurance company will deny coverage and the suit will come after you. 

I grew up on dirt bikes and 3 wheelers and moved on to 4 wheelers.  Love the sport.  Just hate to see a new facility that has put all the time and effort into creating a riding spot for us take this risk!
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

Anoriginal

Maybe you could set up some kind of 30 second IQ test at the gate. If you fail, you don't get it.

Problems solved.

And I'm with Chillin....glad to see a place for the old school guys to ride. 3-wheelin's a good feelin!
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

trx#9

I agree with lostcause, liability, liability, liability with having 3 wheelers is tough. Yes they are much dangeranous for a beginner rider but i think in today's world anybody that has an ATC is probably someone that has ridden one for years and is quite confortable on one. Just be careful of anyone under 20 years age, mostly likely they'll have no real true experience on one and will become a liability for you.
They also make Nerf bars for 3 wheelers now too!  ;)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

zman03

chillin and 550 no need to insult or offend!!! :'(  I ride 3 wheelers and dont see the danger. I am telling you what i've seen thats all not tryin to ban anything. you guys need to relax and dont get your panties in a wad :-*
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

gotballs82r

zman it suck riden my three wheeler in my .25 house lot. And if anybody has a three wheeler i would say they know how to ride it and i would like to see how many people have been hurt on 4 wheeler and how many on three wheelers  bet the 4 wheeler (#) kills 3 wheelers (#)... Guess ill look at it like this with more people outlawing 3 wheelers to ride where 4 wheelers can i wont have to cut the grass on the .25 lot..........  thanks 3 wheeler Haters................ :banghead.gif :F :F :box.gif :box.gif

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com