New ATV Track, Davenport FL, Polk County - NEED IDEAS!

Started by jamesaguilar, September 17, 2010, 01:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesaguilar

Everyone!!! I have 40 acres (easy access from highway 27) and want to convert this to an ATV track. I also have a liquor license. Before I break ground, I would like to see how many will come to my track. This could be a private club type deal or open to the public but I would need any input. Email me, James, at Sales@RegalPalmsAgents.com

Any ideas you have let me know.

Use your imagination: Bonfire? Tents? ATV Club membership?


shogun323

First and foremost please to your due diligence and obtain all of your proper permits and acoustic study to see if it is permissable.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

trx#9

Quote from: jamesaguilar on September 17, 2010, 01:38:24 PM
Everyone!!! I have 40 acres (easy access from highway 27) and want to convert this to an ATV track. I also have a liquor license. Before I break ground, I would like to see how many will come to my track. This could be a private club type deal or open to the public but I would need any input. Email me, James, at Sales@RegalPalmsAgents.com

Any ideas you have let me know.

Use your imagination: Bonfire? Tents? ATV Club membership?


Liquor license and atv riding? not a good idea!




"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Paul_S

Hi, I own the Motoplex in N Fl, I would be happy to give you some pointers and keep you away from some of the mistakes we have made.

First and foremost, what do you mean by ATV track?

Are you talking about sport quads or 4x4 quads?

By track are you meaning an mx track? or just some trails.

You are talking about camping, beware about that, the state is trying to enforce that atv parks get an rv park license, which according to the health dept means you will need real restrooms (not porta johns), showers and an rv dump station here are the statutes http://www.doh.state.fl.us/environment/community/mobile/64e-15.pdf

The only gray area with regards to camping is whether or not you are charging for camping, they don't deem free primitive camping as free if you are charging people to camp and ride. They don't care if it's member only or public neither.

If you are looking to just open trails, 40 acres isn't a lot and bear in mind that Polk County are close to breaking ground on their own atv park and there is already a larger 1,800 park DFMR in your county.

Give us a little more info on what you are planning, their are a lot of very well informed members on this site and most are very happy to help you.

zman03

I wish you well, but I agree with TRX#9 liqour and atv's not a good start
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

crom A zone

i dont care what any ones says any atv park that will sell me a rum and coke or a bud light whie i am there is best place around
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

250rsith

#6
This sounds great but have to agree with TRX#9 & Zman, liquor and atv is an accident waiting to happen, some people take the drinking easy but there are also the heavy drinkers that can not control themself. It is a good idea to say what type of riding your are planning so people could come out with some ideas. Good luck with the project!!! :ThumbsUp.gif
TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25

zman03

so crumy zone or as you are formely known 4x4 matt why not petition hooters or flanigans to allow atv's at their establishments?    dude, you are such a small percentage of the actual people that agree with you that we would consider you insignificant. I truly consider you a JOKE when it comes to listening to your suggestions. 
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

crom A zone

its all good ur a joke in life.... u think that u are some superman gonna open all these places and save old ones from getting shut down but in reality of it all u just blow smoke and get people excited and let them down
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

zman03

Dude, the fact of the matter is you seem to think you cant have fun unless your drunk!  I have been to Lcross and other places, been ridin, had my beers after we ride and had a great time.  if the only way you can have fun is being Drunk then Knock yourself out, literally. I personally feel sorry for you. I think you got problems, but thats for you to figure out or deal with. Its a shame cause the day I met you for the first time out at Holylands with JRPRO you didnt seem that bad. I guess I was wrong.    Alot of people that ride are willing to hold off on the drinking if it means they can ride. you seem to think you cant ride unless you Drink or get Drunk.  Its not always about Drinking or getting Drunk.  Your probably pretty cool when your sober?  I hope it does not take an accident to knock some sense into you, but I got the feeling you will be the next Drunk on an ATV to get hurt.  I truly hope not!!!  but only you can decide that.          
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

crom A zone

nope when i sober i am an azz.... when i drunk i a fun azz to be around lol...   
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

greenmachine

Remember we are talking about East Poke County........ ;)