What is out there for rethreading spindles?

Started by LonesomeTriZ, May 26, 2010, 06:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LonesomeTriZ

I have some spindles that need some attention. I have a need for a rethreading kit that handles everything from a trailer to a D50 from end. I would also like to be able to do the spindles on my ATV's. I have poked around a bit at some of the kits on the internet. But to be honest I am confused by what all I looked up. I do not know the sizes I require and without being able to compare the size of the tools in the photograph with what I need them for I have no way of know for sure what I am looking at. Can I please get some guidance on this subject matter?
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

svtbolt04

I have the RTD48 kit from snap on and it has three different threads; metric, national fine and national course.

Metric goes up to 14mm down to a 6mm

National fine goes from 9/16 to 1/4

National course 9/16 to 1/4

pretty much a mac daddy kit, but Im not sure how large a D50 front end is. From what I see here I would have to go out and measure my spindles to know if I could even use this kit.


Or you could get good with a file and make some new threads  8)
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

LonesomeTriZ

Thanks. What does a kit like that sell for?
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

LonesomeTriZ

Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.