Main Menu

FTR mx

Started by KUADER, August 05, 2010, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KUADER

Anybody racing the FTR MX races this year?

RTR_380/450R

I was geared up to go and take the whole series from you guys, but it looks like another knee surgery for me! :(
I will probably go to the first one to watch though.
I know a lot of guys are talking about running that series because the SSQSA is gone, so we will see.
They have a lot of nice tracks on the schedule! (except Bartow)

JT
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

JCR

I wanted to race at thunderx, didn't want to be the only quad there. Being it will take 3 hrs to get there. I don't know bout the whole thing but I want to hit mote than half of them, who knows if a lot of quads just might do the whole thing. Any ways post who's all going I will be racing the b class

RTR_380/450R

I was practicing there a few weeks ago and there a was a large group of guys that said that they were going to race the series. B class will probably be a decent turnout for FTR MX. The guys I rode with were B class XC guys that are moving into MX as well. The thing was- They rode like C class MX guys. I could give them a 50 bike lead and catch them in a lap on the track. They would leave me in the woods though.
It is supposed to be a decent turnout this year from what I get from most of the guys I talk to.

JT
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

JCR

Ya jt but your forgetting that u have that rtr power like dano.

310R_Dude

RTR for Dano stands fer' "Ready To Retire" ;) Maybe JT as well!?
But yeah... my quad runs ftiggin' amazing.

- Dano
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

KFXracer13

I was seriously considering following the series this year. I too was just concerned about having enough competition to make it fun/worth it.

-Kyle 713
#713  ATP 450R
"The Champ"

trx#9

Quote from: KFXracer13 on August 07, 2010, 02:15:53 PM
I was seriously considering following the series this year. I too was just concerned about having enough competition to make it fun/worth it.

-Kyle 713
I'll have to pass on the FTR, not a big fan of that organization. They won't do a money class for the pro-am riders and there awards suck. I know the Florida Motocross series is trying to get quads to run there series and they are more willing to work with the quad riders.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

KFXracer13

That might be all well and true, but there isn't a single quad racing the FLMX series. I'm willing to go anywhere to get away from Dade City.
#713  ATP 450R
"The Champ"

trx#9

Quote from: KFXracer13 on August 07, 2010, 05:29:41 PM
That might be all well and true, but there isn't a single quad racing the FLMX series. I'm willing to go anywhere to get away from Dade City.
They just open it up to quads, maybe when they start up there next series we can get everyone ducks in a row for it. If they can get the quads riders mailing list, they can promote this thing. Maybe Brett "SSQSA" can get in touch with them and work together, Im sure they would like to get 50 quad riders to show up to there races. I know they been hurting with there dirtbike numbers as well, so this could be a golden opportunity.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

RTN

#10
Think the #2 crew will finish up the season at Dade then take a break and use the off time to test and tune for next years nationals.  T.C. would love to run a FL series but he enjoys running the nat's and we need a break at some time or another.  We might make a few though.

Hopefully someone will get a good FL series going for the quads.

Funny how when the bike numbers suffer our boys are all of a sudden considered as a "bail out package". Kinda like "we need all the quads to go out first practice to clear the mud off the track".  That's why the nat's are alot more appealing to us.  You don't get the feeling you're playing second fiddle.....oh and no "support" classes or "open" practices.   



Paul_S

You guys are more than willing to come and race at the Motoplex. We have a (mainly quad) mx series, every 2nd and 4th sat of the month.

We are getting around 40 quad riders, it's just the 4th race into the series and it's being held in the blistering heat. I am guessing when the nationals are over, and it cools down a little, we will get a bunch of pros in the races, right now Jeremy Lawson is racing the races in between nationals, and Creamer is staying up in Conn for the summer, but when he comes down, he is always at our track. I would expect to see, Gibson and a few others racing the latter part of the series.

If you guys support the series, I will 100% support you...we can have money classes, and maybe get a southern fl track to do a silmilar series and have a north v south end of series shoot off, 3 or 4 times a year.

jayman

Quote from: Paul_S on August 07, 2010, 07:08:19 PM
You guys are more than willing to come and race at the Motoplex. We have a (mainly quad) mx series, every 2nd and 4th sat of the month.

We are getting around 40 quad riders, it's just the 4th race into the series and it's being held in the blistering heat. I am guessing when the nationals are over, and it cools down a little, we will get a bunch of pros in the races, right now Jeremy Lawson is racing the races in between nationals, and Creamer is staying up in Conn for the summer, but when he comes down, he is always at our track. I would expect to see, Gibson and a few others racing the latter part of the series.

If you guys support the series, I will 100% support you...we can have money classes, and maybe get a southern fl track to do a silmilar series and have a north v south end of series shoot off, 3 or 4 times a year.


Can not say enough about this guy!!!!!!!!!  He is probably one of the only tracks in Florida that not only supports quads.....but prefers them.  They have 95% quads and 5% whatever else at these races.  If you are racing and want to stay in FL why not support this track.  With all of the pros this track sees, obviously something is right....whether it is the owner or the track.....really it is both.  Once again just can not say enough about him!!!!! 
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

fastestford

hey paul you may not remember me? my wife and i used to own Insane Offroad.. we would willing to bring up Joey and run the mini if there is a good mini turn out?

RTN

Quote from: Paul_S on August 07, 2010, 07:08:19 PM
If you guys support the series, I will 100% support you...we can have money classes, and maybe get a southern fl track to do a silmilar series and have a north v south end of series shoot off, 3 or 4 times a year.

Just for the record Paul.....my negativity was not directed at you and your track. We have raced there before and attended the Jeremiah Jones riding school there and had nothing but good times and no troubles.  Rather at those that say we are a nuisance yet don't hesitate to call on the quads to bail 'em out of hard times. Yeah our numbers don't match that of the "other" group and I they won't ever will. Too expensive and more difficult a sport for most.

At RedBud the announcer said the pro quads were turning nearly 4 second faster lap times than the dirtbikers did when they were there. So we also put on just as good of a show to boot!

Paul_S

#15
Quote from: RTN on August 09, 2010, 07:00:56 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on August 07, 2010, 07:08:19 PM
If you guys support the series, I will 100% support you...we can have money classes, and maybe get a southern fl track to do a silmilar series and have a north v south end of series shoot off, 3 or 4 times a year.

Just for the record Paul.....my negativity was not directed at you and your track. We have raced there before and attended the Jeremiah Jones riding school there and had nothing but good times and no troubles.  Rather at those that say we are a nuisance yet don't hesitate to call on the quads to bail 'em out of hard times. Yeah our numbers don't match that of the "other" group and I they won't ever will. Too expensive and more difficult a sport for most.

At RedBud the announcer said the pro quads were turning nearly 4 second faster lap times than the dirtbikers did when they were there. So we also put on just as good of a show to boot!

No problem sir, I never took it that way.

Quote from: fastestford on August 08, 2010, 02:32:59 AM
hey paul you may not remember me? my wife and i used to own Insane Offroad.. we would willing to bring up Joey and run the mini if there is a good mini turn out?

I remember you.

With regards to the turnout, I think there are a lot of people waiting for a good turnout before coming, unfortunately that is why we don't have a good turnout  rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1

Seriously though, we are at a pivotal point with our series, not enough turnout to call it a success, but enough for us to keep it going and try to build it. We are committed to finishing out the season, if we continue to draw the numbers we currently are drawing, I will definitely finish the series. I think it's important to at least give back the commitment the guys that are coming give.

We only had ~50 entries total at our last FTR race, their numbers are down dramatically from previous years. Maybe the hiatus Brett is taking from the SSQSA may boost there quad entries, at our last FTR MX race, I think we only had 2 quads show up.

We are having 40+ quads coming to our own series, which is pretty cool. Our series is basically a quad series, with a few dirt bikers who are for the most part quad friendly.

JCR

Is any one going to racenthis weekend. Let me know. Come one b class guys