Thunderbowl closed?!!

Started by dirtysouthmotorsports, July 28, 2010, 04:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtysouthmotorsports

i just recived a email from the owner of thunderbowl say it has been closed till further notice

cj

I heard that Bill from Sumpter was taking it over,it seems that the county wouldn't renew their lease at Sumpter, anyway that's what I heard !
hopefully its true and they get it back open soon,so we can get in some track time before the season starts back up.

micro10

As for now we know that Bill has been working on a contract to get Thunder Bowl back up and running with his crew from Sumter.We're looking at the end of Aug for our first race there.As soon as I know any more I'll post it.Wade (Sunshinemicrosprints)

dirtysouthmotorsports

i hope if bill does git it open they go back to points racing

supervcycle

and hopefully the track will improve
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

derek330

Quote from: cj on July 28, 2010, 07:33:43 PM
it seems that the county wouldn't renew their lease at Sumpter, anyway that's what I heard !

do ya think it had something to do with us raising hell after curfew ? b:r you know, the night the cops had to come shut us down.
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

micro10

From my understanding they had to have a 100% vote to get their lease renewed.There is 10 members and they got 7 for and 3 against.They are the same ones he's been having problems with before.He's been talking about widening the track up at Thunder bowl.

dirtysouthmotorsports

so bill has open thunderbowl???

micro10

The're still tossing the contract back and forth.I think he's looking to see what kind of support there is to,whose willing to commit to racing every other week.He was talking of taking the pionts from sumter and moving them to Thunder Bowl for the rest of the year.Hopefully we know something in the next week.

dirtysouthmotorsports


Sandbagger11

Some TT guys might show up if th TT track is still raceable? :o
07 Maxium TT Vet champ

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com