Show&Shine for our fallen Heros

Started by Davidld98, July 07, 2010, 11:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidld98

WHEN: August 14th (Saturday) from 11:00 AM til 4:00 PM
WHERE: Lakeland Hooters (Hooters, 3400 US Highway 98 N, Lakeland, FL)
WHAT: Open Car Show. Jeeps, Trucks, Cars, Classics, Ghetto - whatever.
ENTRY: $10 entry. 100% of all proceeds from the show go to the victims families - split 50/50.
PRIZES: Stay Tuned. We are hitting up local and chain stores/restaurants.

The Jacked Up Jeep Club is in the early stages of organizing a charity show n shine in Lakeland, FL. 100% of the proceeds are going to be donated to the wives of the slain officers in Tampa (http://www.theledger.com/article/20100629/NEWS/6295061). If there is one thing our club is good at - OK 2 things - it's charity events and drinking. We tried to think of a way we could raise money by getting drunk, but we couldnt come up w/ anything.

Anyways, we have a pretty good idea that this event is going to be huge. So, if you support law enforcement - come on out and prove it. Hot Wings, hooters girls, Jeeps, Trucks, Whatever - just come support the community.

Thanks.

Oh and our forum is temporarily down - so we are doing our planning on the forum at www.trail-recon.com in the FL section.  Stop in and say Hi!
08 RTV1100
03 Rincon
03 E-Z Go

Davidld98

Bump for a good cause.  <bump> :H
08 RTV1100
03 Rincon
03 E-Z Go

trx#9

#2
I do feel for these families during there horrible tragedy but there already going to be set for life at least financially with pensions from the state that officers receive plus the already donated monies from multiple charity organizations. There are many families that share the same curcumstance as these and receive no help and there the ones that really do need the financial help. Sometimes I wonder if these rallies are just for the publicity rather than the cause. I know i might take some heat for saying this but it is the truth like it or not.  :(
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Davidld98

#3
Well I guess that means your not coming and don't judge people you know nothing about.
08 RTV1100
03 Rincon
03 E-Z Go

Davidld98

08 RTV1100
03 Rincon
03 E-Z Go

Davidld98

08 RTV1100
03 Rincon
03 E-Z Go

Davidld98

08 RTV1100
03 Rincon
03 E-Z Go

Davidld98

#7
Tomorrow is goin to be big, come one, come all.Tampa PD and Kelly Curtis W/ her sons will be attending. Jeeps, trucks, cars, bikes, and anything else that shows up can be entered. Lots of raffle items, shirts, and Hooter's girls will be there.
<nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty>
08 RTV1100
03 Rincon
03 E-Z Go

MedicMudder

TRX#9 I can not believe you would post some thing so insensitive I am in public safety,do you go to work every day with a expectation of getting killed???? Do get exposed to all kinds diseases,low lifes,drunks,the lowest life forms known to mankind???
Not mention you can get killed the next human you come across??.The reason these men and women do this is because of the decent hard working folks they come across to help.You might be surprised at the amount of money these Men women get,when they get killed in the line of duty,it is not what you think. How much is your life worth???? ask your family. Ask these brave men's kids what their dads are worth!!!!!
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

trx#9

Quote from: MedicMudder on August 13, 2010, 08:43:16 PM
TRX#9 I can not believe you would post some thing so insensitive I am in public safety,do you go to work every day with a expectation of getting killed???? Do get exposed to all kinds diseases,low lifes,drunks,the lowest life forms known to mankind???
Not mention you can get killed the next human you come across??.The reason these men and women do this is because of the decent hard working folks they come across to help.You might be surprised at the amount of money these Men women get,when they get killed in the line of duty,it is not what you think. How much is your life worth???? ask your family. Ask these brave men's kids what their dads are worth!!!!!
I stand behind everything i said, sorry you don't like it. Leo's all know the troubles and deadly chances of being a police officer prior to being hire for there job. I do feel for them though, however many folks like to jump on the ban wagon of publicity of this high profile event for their cause. I actually feel more for the people that didn't sign up for a dangerous life that have a tragedy equal to these officers then receive very little or no help because they don't carry a statue of being police officers.
Look at these soldiers that come home in body bags with equal families to support, I don't see anyone doing rallies or charities drives for these families anymore.  Seems a little on fair to me, but that's the way the system is sometimes.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

patches206

 There is no amount of money that can replace any one person, cop, solider or any other line of work.   The folks who usually organize these types of events usually did not even know the officer or his family.   They organize these fund raisers out of the goodness of their heart.  They feel compelled!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes TRX9 it would be nice if all the families of any person who gets killed where taken care of, but the difference is these Officers were out protecting you, your family, friends and folks they did not even know.   I can respect your opinion but do not agree with it. 
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

96cobra10101

Fund raisers are a good idea and should be supported, but LEO, Firefighters and other public servants should be paid a little better and receive better benies in case they are killed in the LOD.  Hell, I have a friend is a cop in another state, he makes about 60K a year, one of his snitches made over 100k!  Sad but true.  I know when I was paratrooper, my SGLI was 100k if I was killed, but if I was driving drunk, or wasn't wearing a seatbelt it was voided and my family received 0 dollars.  I don't know if how much cops get in benifits, but I think they should make them high enough for the spouse and fam to atleast payoff what the officers paycheck was paying for and some living expenses.  I sort of think its sad though that we have to have these sort of fund raisers because these surviving family members are having to cope with the death and having to also make ends meet because the main breadwinner is now gone due to some scum bag criminal.
07 YFZ450 with all the goodies!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com