where to ride in southwest florida

Started by JoelandNicole, February 18, 2009, 06:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenmachine

jd83, like he said, some well known members on this site set up a HUGE protest event a couple years ago. It turned into chaos. It would have been HUGE and the place it was scheduled to be at pulled out about a month before and it ended up at LCross. Glad they gave it a chance, but the thousands dropped to hundreds and it fell apart. I am sure you may be able to search and find some threads on it. We had factory support showing up, bike shops and news agencies, but when the site was cancelled from pressure it fell apart.
I would love to see someone do it again and make it as big as Dreth did, but like Zman said, most people are all talk and no show.
You have to race or ride tracks or own property to get ride time.
Other than that its a long drive.
Motoplex is awesome, Lcross is great from what I hear, RYC is fun I hear also but seems to be for mudding only, the new player is Dirty Foot Mud Ranch and he seems to be catering to everyone like the plex and Lcross which is very smart.
Make a place for all atv's not just one category if you want to survive and listen to your customers to some extent.
I feel for you south florida guys, I grew up in Ft Lauderdale and we had tons of riding areas back in the 80's, but now they are all housing developments. Looks like you need to make a road trip and make the best of it. I have driven over 4hrs to the motoplex many times and have never regreted it not once.

johndoe83

Quote from: zman03 on July 08, 2010, 12:25:02 AM
Dude I hate to say it but your a couple of years late!  The whole protest thing? I welcome you to try to get some support from the atv community!!!!  FAT CHANCE!!!!!!!!!   A spot to ride a 6 wheeler???     GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!    if the guys that ride 2 and 4 wheels cant get organized I think your gonna find yourself alone in that parking lot your gonna protest in. I started a Pledge form on the open discussion forum  PLEASE FILL IT OUT !!!!!!    I suggest you craiglist that 6 wheeler and hope someone buys it!!!! 

I know!!! thats the worst part about it...lol...No matter how much time and effort I spend on it, I will more then likly be the only one in the parking lot!!!

The guys that had people for the protest, Id bet the state of florida shut them down, then when people found out the venue wasnt allowing it, everyone gave up!!!

WE would need like, a shock and aww tactic, like everyone gets organized, then shows up in tallahasee at the same time, but we'd have to be careful to keep it legal, or people will get arrested...lol...news crews would show, it would bring attention to the cause.

but I guarantee....it would still go nowhere!!!

Like I said in your, pledge thread, theyve been trying for the martin county ride area for along time, thousands of pledges, thousands donated, I even signed a form for volunteer work at the park when it opend....that was over 5 years ago.. everyone I know kew about it, people were handing them out and filling them out and turning them in......just last year I called them and asked what was going on with the ride area....the pledge was over 5 years old???

Their response was... we have the money, we have the permits, we have the go ahead, but the county just keeps putting us back hoping we will forget about it, they told me they had all my info, and would email or call me if any progress came up....havent ever heard back from them....it will never happen!!!

its sad but true!!! unless you already own property, and come out of pocket for the funding, it will never happen!!!

PUT THAT AD ON CRAIGSLIST!!!...seriously Im about to...it cost me over $150, and 5 hours of drive time just to ride for a few hours, NOT WORTH IT ANYMORE!!!

I even tried drag racing, my quad is more then fast enough to compete with hooked up banshees and raptors and 450s, but no one shows up at the drag strip with quads anymore!!!

for some odd reason theres drag strips with quads and atcs in every damn state except this one...WTF.




JoelandNicole

anyone want to buy a 6 wheeler?? it's a bad ass machine.

Salty Dog

Hi everyone, new guy here living in Cape Coral. I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or bring up this old one. 

I'm looking for a place that's good for young kids to ride in this area. Anyone have a decent spot that they can let me in on?

Thanks

patches206

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

Salty Dog

Patches, when is it supposed to open?

Glazzsherlock

Hello.  I live in San Francisco.  Will be visiting my bike and family soon in Cape Coral.  I place to ride there. Old Foeggies. And Coppers. Could anyone help a lost rider find a spot that doesn't suck near cape coral? Thanks. Glazzsherlock.

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group