Raptor Mod Question??

Started by jbRaptoR, May 06, 2005, 12:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbRaptoR

I recently purchased my first ATV... An 05 Raptor 660.
Can I install an exhause without an intake and jet kit?  Do I need to install all three at same time ?

thanks.

atvtrailer

you would need to jet it for the pipe, i would  think it would just be easier to install a pipe,intake at the same time so u onl have to jet it once, if u dont jet it with the pipe on there, u willl run lean, im not an xpert, but i do know some stuff
05 450r #13B

jbRaptoR

thanks for you advice..
I will just wait then to have everyone done at once.

jbRaptoR

When I first start up my ATV (When its cold) and put it in gear it shuts off..
Is this normal..  I have to wait till it warms up?
After how many minutes would you say its warm??

Thanks

RaptItUp

When I first bought mine it had a full Pro-Circuit pipe and a White Bros filter with the stock airbox on it, no jetting changes.  It ran good but was a little lean.  I jetted it, added a Pro-Design Intake with K&N filter and took the lid off the airbox.  What a difference!!!

I doubt you would hurt anyhing just running the pipe (my friends have Yoshi slip-ons on there Z400's with no other mods and they run fine.  Just keep an eye on your plug, if it is white when you pull it you know it is lean and that means too much heat in your cyl.

RaptItUp

Not only does the oil lube your internal engine,but clutch too. Give it a couple of minutes to get the oil warm and around your clutch plates and your plug warm.  Sometimes mine jumps when I put it in gear right after a cold start.  Maybe that's what is happening.

jbRaptoR

Thanks.. for the info on the exhaust..
This weekedn Im gettin the exhaust , intake and jet kit installed.. I'm sure it will be a big difference.


jbRaptoR

rapitup.
thanks for cold start info.. I was certain that was the reason.. just wanted to double check.. since its my first ATV I don't have the experience/knowledge of them yet..

After about 1-2 min of being on.. Im ready to go. !>

Thanks.

Toomey

Yeah man, it's normal.  I usually start it up, put on my gloves, helment and goggles, give it some revs, and take off.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

RaptItUp

After you get that done.....hang on tight.  It will wake the motor up and let it breathe.

Chuck_Norris

QuoteWhen I first start up my ATV (When its cold) and put it in gear it shuts off..
Is this normal..  I have to wait till it warms up?
After how many minutes would you say its warm??

Thanks
DO YOU HAVE ANY MODS? SOUNDS LIKE A PILOT JET CHANGE IS IN ORDER. AND OR FUEL MIXTURE ADJUSTMENT