What is this all about??

Started by renmus, March 24, 2010, 02:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renmus


Busta Nutt

I got one of those in my e-mail about 3 weeks ago. I imagine it is all about what it says?

renmus

Probably true.  Just have not seen talk of this "event" or offer.

Chillinthemost

They want riders to help them take the berms out of the corners? 2:L 2:L
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Busta Nutt

Quote from: renmus on March 25, 2010, 12:29:22 AM
Probably true.  Just have not seen talk of this "event" or offer.
Would you want to go up there and work all day for a 10 dollar free pass? For a 1 year pass I might do it.

renmus

I have never ridden up there to tell the truth.  Is it worth it to keep a riding area open?  I can just see "them" saying "they do not care."

Busta Nutt

It is a nice place to ride if you want to cruise around and observe the flora and fauna. you should go and give it a try. This weekend is the big Florida Black Bear Festival in Umatilla.

TNTaylor

If I lived a little closer I would definitely go up there and participate.  They're also giving a free 3 day pass for your next visit.
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

JeepGirl

Do you have to have a registration sticker on your atv for this? 

Busta Nutt

Quote from: JeepGirl on March 25, 2010, 05:56:21 PM
Do you have to have a registration sticker on your atv for this? 
yes you do need a green sticker. I do have a place to ride up there that does not require a sticker and you can set them free all day long :o

sugarsand007

I thought the reason we pay to ride was so the Ocala national forest keeps the trails groomed.
2006 crf450r and 2006 polaris outlaw 500

Busta Nutt

supposedly they have a little specialized bulldozer to groom just the atv trails. yet they need volenteers with shovels?

Busta Nutt

why do you have to be so mean mars? your tone is not very civil.

Mars

#13
Quote from: Busta Nutt on March 26, 2010, 12:55:15 AM
why do you have to be so mean mars? your tone is not very civil.

Sorry,not personal, just tiered.....
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Busta Nutt

so where is all the whining in this thread? I even said it was a nice place to ride. The letter did say they wanted to smooth out the trails.

Mars

Like I said I'm tired, I'm cranky, I read too deep into the comments.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Busta Nutt

Well I hope you have a good time at the social and it alleviates some of the pent up tension you seem to have.  :-*

Mars

Quote from: Busta Nutt on March 26, 2010, 01:31:56 AM
Well I hope you have a good time at the social and it alleviates some of the pent up tension you seem to have.  :-*

Okay, went riding an participate in the trail maintenance on Saturday . A nice group turned out and we trimmed a bunch of trees and brush back in the Delancy area. The crew working in that area is very pro OHV and just what to get the word out: WE NEED YOUR HELP! Get involved, volunteer, etc. They have some new equipment which works well but only three full time maintenance personnel. Volunteers are always needed and you can participate in training which can allow you to really help out. They are trying to get locals involved to form clubs that can work together with Forestry.
We stayed at Delancy West which is quite nice now.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Ida_Mann

I'm an owner at RR and my parents have a cabin out in Salt Springs which many of the members here have ridden out of, both places are within a couple miles difference of a distance from my home in Orlando, and I like both places equally.

I wish I could still ride 'legally' out of the cabin, but hey, the gubment does what it wants to and flips off the people at the same time.
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jayman

Sorry off track of the thread but I would like to know:

Do you have any pictures of the newly designed campsites?  I have a 40' 5th wheel and used to park right up front due to not being able to go all the way around because of the length and turning radius.  Can you go all the way around now with out issues?  We have not been in about 3 years and want to get back there
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

Mars

#20
Still tight for 40 there was one there near the front. There was one 38ish three spots down from us. The turn around is fine but there is one spot on the perimeter road were the pines are like a slalom. I had about 6-8 inches between some of those. I'll try to upload some photos shortly.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

jayman

I know exactly where you are talking about with those two pine trees on the left hand side of the campgrounds near the rear.  I took my 5th wheel that way once and said NEVER NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!


Pictures would be wonderful!!
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

Mars

First one is looking east towards the entrance from site 9/10
Second is a blury but you get an idea of the space. 30ft 5th and F250 CC fit unhooked in that site. Some are shorter, some are wider.



04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

jayman

Thank you for the pictures!!!  How are the trails @ Delancy now?  3 years ago they were great.  Is there a 20mph restriction like bs? 

We were at bs a few weeks ago and we really enjoyed it in the rzr.  Do  not think I would have enjoyed it as much on the atv though.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

patches206

  In the day Ocala was great they have turned it into one giant government fiasco just go and ride at Croom 60 bucks for a full year no speed limits, great trails.    Campsites have water/electric so you cane camp in comfort for 15 bucks! 
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!