another gun thread - tactical (AR) style 22

Started by buythisatvstuff, March 31, 2010, 05:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buythisatvstuff

I'm going to get a tactical plinker and I'm not sure which. would like some feedback.
models I'm considering:

Sig 522 swat
Smith and Wesson M$P 15-22 A1 style comp
Colt M4 ops

I know a lot of people here have a lot of knowledge regarding firearms so I was wondering if anyone had info on them as far as any problems, reviews, quality, etc.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

crom A zone

i might be getting rid of a gsg-5 22lr perfect plinker
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

buythisatvstuff

Quote from: crom A zone on March 31, 2010, 09:55:05 PM
i might be getting rid of a gsg-5 22lr perfect plinker

Thanks but I think I'm going with the AR style
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

crom A zone

not sure what gen belive 2nd right before they stop selling them
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

big-daddy

#5
Quote from: crom A zone on April 01, 2010, 04:05:09 PM
not sure what gen belive 2nd right before they stop selling them

2 gen are going for more than what you paid of it new.
Quote from: buythisatvstuff on March 31, 2010, 11:53:29 PM

Thanks but I think I'm going with the AR style

If you plan to suppress the weapon it will FTE with subsonic and HV rounds.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

buythisatvstuff

wasn't thinking of suppressin this one, but thanks. Any suggestions for a nice 22LR to suppress ?
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

big-daddy

Ruger 10/22 or a Remington 597 both will handle the sub sonic rounds fine. The 597 has a bigger buffer for the slide. The quieter the action on the rifle the better or you can go bolt action.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

buythisatvstuff

That 597 comes in a configuration a lot like the Ruger SR-22. But I don't like the 10 round rotary mag of the Ruger. Are there larger capacity mags for either the Ruger or the 597 ?
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

big-daddy

Remington makes a 30 round mag for the 597 and tons of aftermarket mag for the Ruger
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member