Advice on Rifles

Started by klutchbuster400, March 14, 2010, 09:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

Totally agree with you man.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Chillinthemost


I have a Ruger mini 14 and a mini 30 (7.62x39). I've had them both for years and while not as cool looking for those that want to look like Rambo they are pretty neat guns. The mini 30 with quality soft point hunting rounds is a good short range deer/hog gun. I've also put quite a few hogs, gators, and cats to sleep with the mini 14.  I have a ton of FMJ ammo and high cap mags for both guns for zombie killin.
 
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Anoriginal

Zombie killin's a good feelin'.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

buythisatvstuff

I was in a local gun shop today taking a look at a few possibilities for a new toy and was told the GSG-5 was no longer being made due to the lawsuit with H&K. I heard about the suit, but thought they were still making and selling the GSG. Does anyone know if they are still making them ?
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

big-daddy

No more GSG5 come out of germany, but they still a few a around in the gun stores.

Prices for the used ones are going up every month.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

buythisatvstuff

"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

big-daddy

unlikely you going to be able to put that on a form 4, but very cool. Just buy a Ruger 10/22 and change the trigger group and barrel. It will out shoot any of the rifle you are looking for.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

klutchbuster400

I went a gun store today somewhere in the middle of Hialeah to check out some prices, and I think I'm set on the AR-15, I'm deciding between bushmaster and Riverrock, but I'll probably get the Bushmaster. They had some really cheap prices on the good manufactures, however their store policy is 21+ to buy anything. I'm only 19 so they wouldn't let me walk out with a freshly bough rifle.


Quick question though, When I inquired about the M4 I was told that it's illegal to own one. However there is an AR-15 M4 style carbine that they've told me about. Any validity to that? I thought it was legal to own since it was a semi auto rifle.

big-daddy

Jesse, I post pictures later of both, but can own a M4 if the barrel is 16" and semi auto without going thru the Form 4 BS.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

gearhead400

I forget what the real name for it is, but cabela's sells a, what I call gatlin trigger for the 10/22 ruger. I forget how many rounds it fires per-rotation, but you should search around on YouTube and find the demo's if you don't know what it is already. Bought one for my Father-in-law a while back and he loves it.  ;D
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

singleshot

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on April 02, 2010, 01:02:23 AM

Quick question though, When I inquired about the M4 I was told that it's illegal to own one. However there is an AR-15 M4 style carbine that they've told me about. Any validity to that? I thought it was legal to own since it was a semi auto rifle.

That is technically correct.  The "M4" manufactured by Colt for the military is a select fire weapon (full auto or 3 round burst) and you cannot own with out the proper licensing.  You can buy an AR15 (semi-auto only ) in an "M4" configuration.  Every thing but the receiver will be the same.
2003 Prairie 650
2003 Sportrax 250EX
2003 100 & 90 Extreme

big-daddy

Quote from: singleshot on April 05, 2010, 05:42:55 PM
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on April 02, 2010, 01:02:23 AM

Quick question though, When I inquired about the M4 I was told that it's illegal to own one. However there is an AR-15 M4 style carbine that they've told me about. Any validity to that? I thought it was legal to own since it was a semi auto rifle.

That is technically correct.  The "M4" manufactured by Colt for the military is a select fire weapon (full auto or 3 round burst) and you cannot own with out the proper licensing.  You can buy an AR15 (semi-auto only ) in an "M4" configuration.  Every thing but the receiver will be the same.


Barrel carrier is different to.....  ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

crom A zone

i wills ell my gsg5 just make me an offer gun shoots sooooo smooth
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

buythisatvstuff

#39
I did some research and made my decision. I had to do some looking to find one with the flash hider so it's threaded if I ever wanted to add a suppressor.  ;)
Found a great new dealer to work with in the process. Low prices, family owned, and they make a donation from every sale to charity (a % of the profit goes to All Childrens).
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

Sleazy_Rider78

[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

buythisatvstuff

exactly. I considered several others, but really liked what the S&W had to offer, including the price. Got it for well under MSRP out the door.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

big-daddy

You need to have a custom thread adapter for it the normal 22 cans have 1/2 x 28 by .400 threads. Also no sub sonic ammo and Remington thunderbolt will feed thru the S&W without jamming, they like federals and CCI.  


;)
 
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

crom A zone

ya found out the gsg does not like remington thunderbolt either
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

buythisatvstuff

Quote from: big-daddy on April 07, 2010, 10:58:49 AM
You need to have a custom thread adapter for it the normal 22 cans have 1/2 x 28 by .400 threads. Also no sub sonic ammo and Remington thunderbolt will feed thru the S&W without jamming, they like federals and CCI.  


;)
 

Yeah it even says in the manual that you can't use subsonic ammo and they don't recommend Remington. I'm fine with that. I know it has a 1/2 x 28 thread on the barrel. may have to start looking around. I plan on going to shoot it early next week. See how it does then.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

big-daddy

if it as 1/2 x 28 threads, then all 22 cans we fit. But make sure the depth is .400

good luck with your new toy
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

buythisatvstuff

#46
thanks,

Now does anyone have a good place to buy some bulk , high grade, 22 lr ammo ?  8)

here is what S&W recommend for this rifle:

• CCI Standard Velocity • Federal American Eagle
• CCI Mini-Mag • Federal GameShock
• CCI Stinger • Winchester Super-X High Velocity
• Aguila Super Extra High Velocity • Aguila Super Extra Std. Velocity


and they specifically suggest NOT using this:

• Remington Golden Bullet • Remington Thunderbolt
• Remington Target 22 • Winchester Wildcat
• Any and all sub-sonic brands and types
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

big-daddy

I dont think you going to find value packs at wal-mart for a few more months ;) 

Try Pro brass shop as CCI, but 100 packs. You can use Remington GOLD BULLETS on your rifle without jamming, just dirty stuff.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

dj_pizzim

ive got a bunch of value packs  ;) just gota look at every walmart you pass ... if you havent bought it yet i would skip on the M&P and but a dedicated .22 upper and a lower that way you can swap calibers down the road .... BRD is a bad thing and its not if you catch it .... in when
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

Anoriginal

We need to start a BRD support group.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com