Dade City MX Rnd.5 "100cc Stock Mini Quads"

Started by greenmachine, March 28, 2010, 07:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenmachine

My son Colby on the black DRR #24x getting the holeshot to podium finish in both motos for his first overall at DCMX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RuKENUAmw4

jayman

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

greenmachine

Thank you, it was funny, on the podium when the guy asked if he had been practicing a lot, Colby said "nah not really just riding around my yard". The guy said  "well it looks like its working"
Cant wait to see you guys out there.

450rutmaker

I miss going down there with my son. I believe I applied to much pressure and made him choose a diff sport. I was still learning the whole dad thing.

Your boys ripping great job.
07 Renegade 800 32 Silverbacks

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Turboderf

He must be running race fuel he was gone congrats to the little man  :Fp

Baileygunns

GOOD JOB COLBY!!!

I love watching the kids race... All heart.

Ride1Rob

Colb was riding his lil butt off! His 1st sweep in Dade City. Great Job! Also, congrats to Eric Emanuelson on a top podium finish in the Sponsored Cup Class  ;) .
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

greenmachine

Thank You all for the encouraging words. Colby is sitting here with me.
We hope he can carry this momentum to the next race in 2 weeks.

trx#9

Quote from: Ride1Rob on March 28, 2010, 09:56:15 PM
Colb was riding his lil butt off! His 1st sweep in Dade City. Great Job! Also, congrats to Eric Emanuelson on a top podium finish in the Sponsored Cup Class  ;) .
I appreciate it Rob...  ;)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

greenmachine

Quote from: 450rutmaker on March 28, 2010, 07:50:31 PM
I miss going down there with my son. I believe I applied to much pressure and made him choose a diff sport. I was still learning the whole dad thing.

Your boys ripping great job.
I understand what your saying, it is easy to do. I sometimes catch myself in the moment and have to step back and take a breath. There are a lot of parents out there that put too much pressure on the kids and you can tell who's heart is in it and who's is not. The last thing I tell him before every gate drop is, "have fun, ride your race, hold your lines, ride safe and I dont care what the outcome is as long as you have fun and finish on all 4 wheels". He knows what he wants now and how to get it. I always check to make sure this is what HE wants to do and he knows if he ever chooses to stop we will.

Your custom content or HTML goes here